Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Eotech

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    I promise I hadn’t seen this thread when asking you about this, @Clusterfrack. I think I might go with the non nv one for whatever my second AR ends up being, short and long term.
    You've got some serious clairvoyance going on @Medusa. How did you manage to PM me about this very thing an hour ago?

I'm pasting some of what we talked about here:

Holosun stole IP from Aimpoint and EOTech, and make some good optics. QC isn’t as good, but they replace it if needed. For an Aimpoint type optic, Holosun is a good choice (if you're into supporting industrial espionage and buying Chinesium stuff). For a true holosight, my guess is that L3 (EOTech) still has the solid edge. They are a massive defense contractor with lots of smart engineers.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 04-13-2020 at 08:53 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Also the OPMOD EXPS-2 has the riser (lower 1/3) and side buttons and everything the NV-compatible EXPS-3 models have, without the NV and I think at a lower price than the EXPS-3.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    You've got some serious clairvoyance going on @Medusa. How did you manage to PM me about this very thing an hour ago?

Holosun stole IP from Aimpoint and EOTech, and make some good optics. QC isn’t as good, but they replace it if needed. For an Aimpoint type optic, Holosun is a good choice (if you're into supporting industrial espionage and buying Chinesium stuff). For a true holosight, my guess is that L3 (EOTech) still has the solid edge. They are a massive defense contractor with lots of smart engineers.
    I find it interesting that you won’t buy Holosun for the reasons listed above, but don’t think EOTech deserves their hate. They lied to our LE and warfighters about a known flaw in their optics. They hid the problems and got indicted for it.

Quote Originally Posted by STI View Post
    Also the OPMOD EXPS-2 has the riser (lower 1/3) and side buttons and everything the NV-compatible EXPS-3 models have, without the NV and I think at a lower price than the EXPS-3.
    Looks like a $40 difference between the 2 and 3 on GB.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Get the NV capable one... I am expecting you to jump into NV in the future... and then maybe I can get second hand NV for cheap when you buy and sell it on the quest for the pinnacle NV . Get me some PVS-14s plz .

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I find it interesting that you won’t buy Holosun for the reasons listed above, but don’t think EOTech deserves their hate. They lied to our LE and warfighters about a known flaw in their optics. They hid the problems and got indicted for it.
    No argument there. ‘Mostly undeserved’ hate, but I certainly won’t defend them for lying. My understanding is that the thermal drift was relatively small under most battlefield conditions. The awful battery issues of the model 512 seem more problematic to me.

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I’m sorry for not knowing. What’s GB? I figured out where the opmod units come from.

eta I presume the 2 dot models are meant to be used with a magnifier.

I’m sorry for not knowing. What’s GB? I figured out where the opmod units come from.
    Gunbroker.com
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post

A massive contractor that engaged in fraud, though they are far from alone in that regard. In fact they are kinda like the SIG of the RDS world.

Eotech

eta I presume the 2 dot models are meant to be used with a magnifier.
    Yes, although some people claim to be able to see multiple dots without having a magnifier.
    @HCM, yes but L3’s engineers are smarter.

User Tag List