Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Firing .380 out of 9mm Revolver

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    Somehow the Medusa made it work

"There are enough dimensional differences that I'm not sure it would be easy to load the moon clips or get reliable ignition".

I tried to load one in my 9mm J-frame. It was difficult, but doable. However, I don't see a point to it.

Quote Originally Posted by JimCunn View Post
    I tried to load one in my 9mm J-frame. It was difficult, but doable.
    Two different experiences with .40 S&W in 10mm revolvers.

https://revolverguy.com/psa-40-sw-in-the-10mm-gp100/

Quote Originally Posted by Velo Dog View Post
    Two different experiences with .40 S&W in 10mm revolvers.

https://revolverguy.com/psa-40-sw-in-the-10mm-gp100/
    The Revolver Guy article matches my recent experience with three different 10mm GP100s. When using the factory 10mm clips provided by Ruger, they don't position the .40 S&W in the right spot to get reliable ignition. Even with factory springs I had spotty ignition when using factory clips. I switched to TK Custom clips specifically designed for .40 S&W, and out of two different revolvers I have fired 1,178 rounds of various .40 S&W ammo, with one failure to fire during that time, which I believe was due to a high primer.

Re: the original post to .380 in a 9mm gun. As mentioned, you'd have the same issue with clips not spacing the ammo correctly to get reliable ignition, and in my opinion it's not really worth it. I am not a big fan of small 9mm revolvers, and would rather see someone get a .38 LCR and shoot wadcutters, or get a .32 Magnum.

I really like my three 9mm J-frame conversions.
    Ideal round for the ideal pistol :-)

Quote Originally Posted by JimCunn View Post
    I tried to load one in my 9mm J-frame. It was difficult, but doable.
    If one is able to fire 380 Auto from their 9x19mm, then 9x18 Ultra/Police should also work during a zombie apocalypse.

Name:  9x18UltraPolice.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  41.8 KB

User Tag List