Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: SPRs, Mk12s, Recces, SDMRs and SAM-Rs, oh my!

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    You’re not poor. Poor is a mentality. It’s a way of thinking that few ever recover from.

You, are broke..

These are just financial circumstances that I hope to overcome very soon... I didn't expect a Dave Chappelle quote in a SPR thread, but here's PF making it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by sabre675 View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Nice! You need some spike feet on that Atlas.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

That's a lovely rifle. Can you comment on the weight, and the general experience of the MLR?
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

these are the best kind of gun cause its 'potentiates' the two most dangerous weapons of war that have no place on our streets (according to leftists): the fully semi-auto high capacity assault rifle & the high-power long-distance sniper rifle

Site Supporter
    Anyone make a MK12ish build using the proper 18" barrel with the AE Brake and Collar with a 15" handguard? Wondering if I could still use a AEM5 suppressor with the longer handguard...

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    That's a lovely rifle. Can you comment on the weight, and the general experience of the MLR?
    Thanks for the compliments. As to the weight of the MRP chassis, it is always going to be at a disadvantage compared to Standard ar15 platforms do to the barrel indexing collar and the chassis interface. This isn’t so much of a weight issue as it is to a weight distribution issue. However both my 762 LMTMWS platforms and my 556 MRP platform have all had barrel work done by Marvin Pitts of nefarious arms. Granted this is only lightened The rifles bye 6 to 8 ounces, but in the grand scheme of things change weight distribution and balance more favorably. But doing so came at a cost. For example the rifle pictured is a 13.8 inch stainless steel barrel that had been chopped and Ball milled. As pictured, with empty 20 round magazine, vortex 1 -10 optic, Scalarworks mount, atlas bipod and KAC rail segment, it comes in at 9.25 lbs. i’ve never weighed it without all that stuff, but that means empty it is coming in somewhere within the 6 pound Mark. The rifle is quite handy feeling. I had intended on shooting match Ammunition through it, but upon initial sight in, it patterned .88 moa with 62 grain 855 ball. I was shocked. With all the money spent on a 5R match grade 18” Barrel, I was concerned that by chopping it That I was ruining any accuracy potential. I have shot it out to 600 yards without issue. I haven’t shot anything else through it as of yet. But my MINI RECCE concept turned out better than I could have hoped. I like it as much as both my 7.62 MLR guns. It is much more practical for sure. As far as the barrel change system I have owned many LMTMRP type chassis and I have never utilized the system to switch calibers or change barrels. I simply like the quality of the product and the rigidity of the system and the LMT brand. BTW, the MLOK variant of both the 7.62 and 5.56 versions feel much better in hand due to a more favorable balance because of the slight weight savings.
    Last edited by sabre675; 01-27-2021 at 06:17 AM.

Is anyone using the Vortex Viper PST II 3-15x? I am thinking of grabbing one from eurooptic because they're down to $600. This would be to replace my SWFA 3-9x, my main qualm though is the substantial weight increase, but everything else seems great.

Vortex 3-15

Name:  F28C1036-06E6-4D4E-8601-DBE2DD30431D.jpg
Views: 869
Size:  64.3 KB

I just put one of the new vortex 3-15’s on my spr ish build (18” noveske). So far I love it. Mine has the Ebr-7c reticle. I went back and forth between leupold/nightforce/vortex and ultimately didn’t care for any of the other reticle offerings for this rig. I also don’t have hardly any magnification on my other AR’s as they’re all sbr’s so this was a nice departure. I may throw some offset mbus sights on it and call it good.

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    Is anyone using the Vortex Viper PST II 3-15x? I am thinking of grabbing one from eurooptic because they're down to $600. This would be to replace my SWFA 3-9x, my main qualm though is the substantial weight increase, but everything else seems great.

Bump because I was listening to a podcast yesterday where MK12s were brought up as part of a general long-ish range/precision shooting discussion and it reminded me I never got busy on my SPR-like project.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List