Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: SPRs, Mk12s, Recces, SDMRs and SAM-Rs, oh my!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Flexing on us poors.
    You’re not poor. Poor is a mentality. It’s a way of thinking that few ever recover from.

You, are broke..

I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Here is my most “precision” AR, it is the one I referenced in this thread as needing some glass
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....a-scope-SPRish
    Name:  314BE80E-1F11-4703-A965-0800F6B9145E.jpg
Views: 1311
Size:  36.3 KB

18” WOA SPR barrel, Badger Ordnance Stabilizer foreend, Magpul ACS stock and a Rise Trigger that I won at the Pawnee Run and Gun. I love the idea of this rifle but need to glass it and get to work with it. I have debabted replacing the Badger rail with something newer and lighter but it actually has a pretty decent balance to it.

Name:  9C4A5FF8-B564-49E8-A7EE-06F4CED48484.jpg
Views: 1743
Size:  38.4 KB

This is the rifle I used at the Pawnee RnG, it went 3/3 on the 500 yd target. Noveske N4 Recce upper, Vltor EMOD, Geissele SSA trigger and a Mark 4 1.5-5 in a Larue SPR mount.

I’m pretty much stuck in the aughts with my AR technology.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Name:  2020-03-26 09.46.03.jpg
Views: 1489
Size:  59.1 KB

BCM Recce-16, my go-to general purpose rifle. I used to keep an X300U out front at 12 o'clock and I forget why I removed it - maybe I needed it on a different gun for something.

Anyway the only thing that's a bit of a hindrance on this thing at 300-500 is the reticle on that old TR24. But it does 10-300 so well that I have never changed it.

If it was up to me, I wish the 45 offsets were a little simpler. I believe those are Duecks but it's been a LONG time and I can't swear to it anymore. Anyway I always thought that A2 sights are overkill for offsets and if I were doing it today I'd probably go with the Troys or something, but at the time they were the sights available to me. They're not really necessary coming down from 4x anyway but the odd time they've been handy and I am used to them being there so I keep them around also.

The sling is a Vickers Medic which I really like - basically a Vickers that has quick-adjusts at either end so you can throw it on your back and snug it down if you have to do something with both hands.

My MK12 MOD1 SPR:

I purchased the upper around 2000 from MSTN and it has been shooting one hole groups at 100Y (when I cooperate) with Hornady TAP 75g and hitting steel easily to 600Y. IMI 77gr is MOA and hits a bit harder/higher at distance. I know I can build something lighter, slimmer, and as accurate now but I just don't feel the need...

• MSTN MK12 MOD1 Upper with original spec Compass Lake/Douglass barrel and rumored to be built by an AMU armorer that built original SPRs
    • Leupold M3 3.5-10x Mildot scope in Larue SPR 1.5 Mount (Originally had a more correct ARMS but it wouldn't hold zero)
    • Blank BDC custom (horribly ugly) engraved by me from 100-700yds using chrono'd speeds and verified at distance.)
    • VLTOR A5H2 (Was previously an A1 so in this case the A5 really didn't smooth things out, just shortened it up!)
    • LMT SOPMOD Stock
    • Magpul MOE+ (I love the grippiness!)
    • Geisselle SSA-E
    • Harris Bipod

Name:  SPR.jpg
Views: 1444
Size:  42.3 KB

Dennis.

-LMT MWS, cerekote OD Green by Tier One Defense
    -5R, SS, 1:12 twist, rifle length gas, KAC Ball milled, ion bonded, by Marvin Pitts, 7.62 Barrel with Surefire Socom
    -Geissele SD-E
    -KAC panels and LArue segments
    -Atlas PRS in a LArue
    -Battle Arms Development B.A.D.
    -Slash CAR10 buffer
    -Magpul MIAD
    -Magpul UBR
    -KNights Armament 45 degree flip ups
    -Leupold MK8 CQBSS H27D
    -Scalarworks 34mm Mount

-LMT MLOK W/MAR-H Lower Receiver
    -14.5”,C/L, 1:10, Carbine Length gas, KAC Ball Milled, Ionbond. 7.62 Barrel, w/pinned Surefire Socom, by Marvin Pitts
    -ATLAS PRS Bipod in ADM mount
    -KAC 5 slot MLOK segment
    -Magpul MIAD
    -LMT Sopmod
    -Slash XH Buffer
    Larue MBT2 flat trigger
    -Battle Arms Development B.A.D. Safeties
    -Vortex Razor GEN3 1-10
    -Scalarworks 34mm Mount
    Last edited by sabre675; 04-18-2020 at 10:49 PM.

-LMT MLR W/MARS L
    -5R, SS, 13.8”, KAC Ball Milled, Ionbonded, w/Surefire Socom pinned, by Marvin Pitts 5.56 Barrel
    -ATLAS V8 bipod on LARue Mount
    -KAC 5 slot MLOK segment
    -Magpul MIAD
    -LMT Sopmod
    -Battle Arms Development B.A.D. Safetie
    -Young Mfg, M16 BCG, Ionbonded over hard chrome
    -LaRue MBT2 Trigger

Still a working title... needs optic, Mount and support gear...

Site Supporter
    Here I was proud of myself, thinking I just needed a pair of G5 G19's and some classes when I got home. I thought I had all the AR's I needed.

Nope, this thread proved I need at least two more rifles, and I want two more. Thanks, thread!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    BCM 18" SS410, Noveske Gen2 Lower, Geissele SD3G trigger, Leupold Mark6 1-6 CMR-W, ADM Recon mount. (Not shown, Surefire Mini)

How do you like the BCM 18" SS410 barrel? I'm thinking of picking one up.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    Attachment 51972

Not a replica of any type. Just an accurate 16" rifle with a good optic. With IMI or CBC 77gr OTM it hovers around 1.25-1.5 MOA for average 10rd groups. Ammo, optic, and shooter can make first round hits on silhouettes out to 600+ yards.
    Is that a carbon fiber handguard?

User Tag List