Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: SPRs, Mk12s, Recces, SDMRs and SAM-Rs, oh my!

LMT Defender 2000 lower

Rainier Arms UltraMatch Billet Upper
    Centurion Arms 16.1" RECCE barrel
    Centurion Arms 14" CMR
    LMT BCG
    AXTS Raptor CH
    NF UniMount 1.375"
    Bushnell LRHS 3-12x, G2H reticle
    Harris S-BRM with KMW POD-LOC
    Smith Vortex FH
    TROS 1/2-28 to 5/8-24 thread adapter
    TBAC 30P-1

I'm limited to 100 yards so I've mainly shot cheaper ammo instead of MK 262 clones and groups just under an inch with Fiocchi 50gr VMAX at that distance. This was an old zero target with Hornady Steel Match at 50 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by Oregunman View Post
    Attachment 67312

I just put one of the new vortex 3-15’s on my spr ish build (18” noveske). So far I love it. Mine has the Ebr-7c reticle. I went back and forth between leupold/nightforce/vortex and ultimately didn’t care for any of the other reticle offerings for this rig. I also don’t have hardly any magnification on my other AR’s as they’re all sbr’s so this was a nice departure. I may throw some offset mbus sights on it and call it good.
    I ended up getting one of those vortex pst Ii 3-15x scopes as well. It was a smoking deal so I had a hard time passing it up at around $600 when they clearanced the EBR 2D reticle. The optical performance is more than I was expecting but the eyebox is relatively tight.

Ballistic Advantage is running a 15% off sale on all barrels. Decided it was finally time for me to order an SPR barrel and start a build.

Quote Originally Posted by johnson View Post
    LMT Defender 2000 lower

Rainier Arms UltraMatch Billet Upper
    Centurion Arms 16.1" RECCE barrel
    Centurion Arms 14" CMR
    LMT BCG
    AXTS Raptor CH
    NF UniMount 1.375"
    Bushnell LRHS 3-12x, G2H reticle
    Harris S-BRM with KMW POD-LOC
    Smith Vortex FH
    TROS 1/2-28 to 5/8-24 thread adapter
    TBAC 30P-1

I'm limited to 100 yards so I've mainly shot cheaper ammo instead of MK 262 clones and groups just under an inch with Fiocchi 50gr VMAX at that distance. This was an old zero target with Hornady Steel Match at 50 yards.

I am in the process of collecting for a recce/dmr type build. Have the 16” recce from centurion and the lower. Stuck on a rail. Most likely I’ll be going mlok. But want one that is stout enough to not shift zero with bipod or mounted accessories on end of rail.

How do you like the cmr? I have only used the smaller rails from them and they have been excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ish

Name:  6DA9704A-E20C-47FC-8747-41AFA7160555.jpg
Views: 895
Size:  54.6 KB
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    FrankenGun to try 224 Valkyrie. Anderson lower with Magpul PRS stock and Geisselle G2S trigger. BCM upper with Bison Armory 20 inch 224 Valkyrie upper in an ALG 15 inch freefloat tube. Vortex Viper PST Gen 1 6-24x50 MRAD scope. AAC 51T flashhider and suppressor mount. Harris 6-9 bipod.

Attachment 51860
    2 years later, in general how do you like the Valkyrie?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    2 years later, in general how do you like the Valkyrie?
    Wow, blast from the past. My 224 Valkyrie upper works fine - its been updated though. All my PST Gen 1s have been upgraded - it now has a Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25 MRAD. Handguard updated to the Seekins 15 inch with the flat side for barricades and I moved to the Area 419 brake and suppressor mount system. However, the 224V upper sits in back of the safe as I am focused on PRS last few years and spend all my time with bolt rifles. Bigger issue is "why 224V" - I have 224V, 6.5 Grendel, and 6mm ARC uppers. Hindsight 20-20 I would not have built the 224V but would just do the 6mm ARC today.

Thanks! I’m kicking around ideas for an upper and bolt action set in “a caliber that’s not 5.56 and under $1/rd shipped”. The Grendel and Valkyrie meet that so far but I’m still very much in the looking and thinking stage right now. No hunting or other serious precision use, just fun at the range for me and maybe the grandkids.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Name:  339726D7-6644-454D-A693-E52A12776233.jpg
Views: 536
Size:  62.6 KB
    Name:  75A79F07-F7F0-4C55-B661-481DE2264B70.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  89.7 KB
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List