Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Week In Serpa Hell...

Sounds like St. Louis, in reverse. Fortunately among most local PD here, the Safariland ALS series holsters seem to be the norm. I have yet to see a SERPA on anyone in uniform.

Unfortunately, the same cannot be said of our local group of OC retards, among which the SERPA is the tacticool holster of choice, bar none. OC has become a real big issue in the area over the past year or so, and just as I have yet to see a cop with one, I have yet to see an OC'r without one.
    " One of the tribesmen in Thrace now delights in the shield I discarded /Unwillingly near a bush, for it was perfectly good /But at least I got myself safely out. Why should I care for that shield? / Let it go. Some other time I'll find another no worse. - Archilochus
    "To take the uninstructed to war is to throw them away" - Confucious

Quote Originally Posted by Long tom coffin View Post
    Sounds like St. Louis, in reverse. Fortunately among most local PD here, the Safariland ALS series holsters seem to be the norm. I have yet to see a SERPA on anyone in uniform.

Unfortunately, the same cannot be said of our local group of OC retards, among which the SERPA is the tacticool holster of choice, bar none. OC has become a real big issue in the area over the past year or so, and just as I have yet to see a cop with one, I have yet to see an OC'r without one.
    +) It is a step up from the usual floopy nylon belt mounted gun sack...

-) ...But not by much.

I'm in transit home to the states right now, but after all the dudes here who have serpa's, I am more phased by everything else.

like the guy who had his lanyard wrapped around his holster,so you know, it wouldnt snag on things.
    like the guy who had a lanyard of paracord,about 18in long, from this pistol, to the velco retention strap on his dropleg airsoft holster.
    like all the assholes who insist on shoulder holsters, and dont fly planes for a living.

I'm super alarmed by all the guys I talk to about getting a class and getting thier carry permit, yet want a shoulder rig. We have a lot of vets who are interested in guns,but have no positive influence outside of what the mil taught them.
    Blue Bullets Team dude

Same here in VA.
    #RESIST

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by saints75 View Post
    Reading this thread i was thinking how i liked the Fobus holster and the Serpa holster. As a cop, that is what was at the unifrom shop. I never heard of Comp tac, Raven, Blade tech and the other holster makers until a few years a go. I got caught up in the whole Serpa holster thing. Why, because it is tactical, like in the ads and thats what is in the uniform shops lol.
    This is a big deal...bigger than most realize. Last Friday I went with a buddy to a police-oriented store that is just across the street from the Virginia State Police academy. If you go there you'll begin to see what many police officers understand as being "off duty" or concealed carry gear. It was a fairly generic, limited selection with most options being mediocre at best. That there is a wider world of concealment gear beyond what's sold in the cop shop is a mystery to many of them.

Same with duty gear.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Same here in VA.
    Just a question: Do they take phone videos of themselves getting "harassed" by the cops after receiving a MWAG call and then stick it on youtube? That's the other hobby of the OC carry crowd. My local pro-carry forum is overflowing with them.
    " One of the tribesmen in Thrace now delights in the shield I discarded /Unwillingly near a bush, for it was perfectly good /But at least I got myself safely out. Why should I care for that shield? / Let it go. Some other time I'll find another no worse. - Archilochus

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    This is a big deal...bigger than most realize. Last Friday I went with a buddy to a police-oriented store that is just across the street from the Virginia State Police academy. If you go there you'll begin to see what many police officers understand as being "off duty" or concealed carry gear. It was a fairly generic, limited selection with most options being mediocre at best. That there is a wider world of concealment gear beyond what's sold in the cop shop is a mystery to many of them.

Same with duty gear.
    We have the same problem here, too. There are several local "cop shops" but their inventory is substandard, at best.

Of course, the STLMPD also issues 9mm Beretta Carbines to their officers as "patrol rifles" after removing the shotguns, so STL isn't exactly ahead of the curve when it comes to gun stuff.

The local Cabela's is apparently crazy for the serpa and other blackhawk products, with some galco and other cheap stuff thrown in. Same thing with most of the gun stores locally, except a few sell Crossbreed from out in KC.

Ironically, the only real place to get decent stuff without the internet is Uncle Sam's, our local military surplus/camping chain. Their biggest supplier for CCW is 5.11, which is okay, but they have lots of other stuff too. I picked up an 5.11 operator belt there a few weeks ago on a lark and I'm wearing it right now with my praetor defense stuff and so far I like it. Uncle Sam's is also the AR-15/M4 enthusiast's wet dream come true. More parts, accessories, and supplies than you can shake a tactical black painted stick at. For some reason tho, they don't sell that stuff on the net, only in their brick and mortar locations.

Just a question: Do they take phone videos of themselves getting "harassed" by the cops after receiving a MWAG call and then stick it on youtube? That's the other hobby of the OC carry crowd. My local pro-carry forum is overflowing with them.
    They seem to dream of that moment but mainly seem to post about which fast food restaurants they patronize fifty times a week. VA cops for the most part seem to know the law. Definitely an XD and Serpa type crowd.
    #RESIST

I'm guilty of thread drift. If we devolve anymore into open carry discussion, this thread will be moved into the Romper Room.
    #RESIST

I was remimdered when reading this thread, the local indoor range sells Serpa. Half of the staff wears them too. They have other holster there, but they are on the other side of the shop. They have a whole wall dedicated to blacknawk. The stuff sells. You would think they would sell other type of holsters. I guess sell anything to make a buck.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -- Winston Churchill
    C.A. P.C. 832

User Tag List