Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DFM/X - DryFireMag combined with MantisX

I just went to order 2 DryFireMags and they are running an insane sale right now on the website. They have a code on there for $20 off each mag until 10/31/2020. Thought I'd share, that is an really great deal IMO. I sold my SIRT pistol and went this way from reading this forum, I learned the hard way that everyone here was right and I was wrong about the laser being at all beneficial.

Site Supporter
    I’ve been using Ben Stoeger method of putting a bit a paper in the breach which gives me a trigger pull. This is tempting but I’m not sure it’s worth the price.

The best dry fire gadget I've ever found is a red dot sight.

It'll make a hard man humble.

Just as another option:

I have the Glockstore resetting trigger.
    It’s pretty expensive, but I’ve found it worth it.

It pretty much has to be put on a dedicated practice gun because the strike isn’t enough to light a primer and it involves a trigger and a special striker. So too much PITA to swap back and forth if you only have one gun.

But if you have a spare gun it works well and has enough strike to light a laser bullet.

I like the resetting and if I remove the safety plunger and extractor on the practice gun, it lightens and smooths the trigger even more.

Here’s a video I did to demonstrate something to a friend but it demonstrates what I’m talking about.

That's a pretty slick set-up! How's the trigger "feel" compared to the "regular" Glock trigger? Wall feel the same and in the same place?

Quote Originally Posted by NoTacTravis View Post
    That's a pretty slick set-up! How's the trigger "feel" compared to the "regular" Glock trigger? Wall feel the same and in the same place?
    Yes, it’s basically a stock trigger. Was a little stiff for my liking initially but after a lot of use and after removing the safety plunger it now has a competition Glock feel. If you like stiffer triggers or are trying to simulate a 5-6 pound trigger leave the plungers in.

For competition and gaming I tend to have triggers as light as 1.5# on a TSO to 2.5-4 pounds on Shadows and some Glocks.

This setup was from when I first starting shooting five years ago and then again 6 months ago when I wanted to see if I could improve my iron shooting to match my dot shooting (I couldn’t so I gave up and put a dot on my carry gun).

User Tag List