Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Red dot glock research.

My 2 cents? If you’re deciding between the RMR and SRO, get the SRO. 5 MOA being my preference. Both are great optics. I’ve run an RMR on a G21 for about 6 years. No complaints with the RMR, other than what is, to me, a small(ish) window size. I put an SRO on my G34 MOS competition gun. Amazingly easy to pick up the dot with the larger, clearer glass. Granted, I only have about 5K rounds thru the SRO so far, but I like it enough that I bought another one and slapped it on a G45 as my daily CCW. Both have performed without issues.

I understand that it might not be quite as robust as an RMR under extremely harsh use, or torture tests. And it’s always good to plan for worst case scenarios. However, since I have no plans to deploy to the far reaches of Asskrackistan, if I SOMEHOW manage to damage it, I can most likely survive using my iron sights until I return home from the supermarket or hiking with my dogs. Let’s be realistic. With any of these quality optics, if it’s going to go tits up, it’s most likely going to be during the many rounds you fire in training and practice, rather than during the remarkably slim chance that you need to fire X number of rounds in defense of yourself or others during the course of your daily life.

If I was still working the mean streets as a police officer (25 years, retired for 10 now), I wouldn’t hesitate to use it, or an RMR. The ease of getting faster, more precise hits far outweighs any potential downside. (For me.)

With ALL of that being said, decide for yourself, and use whatever gives you that warm and fuzzy feeling. If not having the absolutely most rugged sight is going to cause you to wake up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night, get the RMR. Ultimately, it’s your a$$ and your peace of mind.

I’ve used both L&M and Jagerwerks. Both did great work. Jagerwerks did my last one, my G45. Very fast turnaround time and a very precise cut. The SRO “popped” into the cut, with no perceived play. I had them leave the slide cut uncoated, and just taped off that area and sprayed it with some black Rustoleum high temp paint. I’ve done that on my last three slide cuts, and it’s kept them rust free. But I live in low humidity Nevada, and haven’t needed to wade thru any swamps lately. YMMV.

So, despite it being completely selfish and irresponsible I think I’m ready to send my 19 in now. It’s not my carry so it can be set aside to dry fire and learn the dot. I’ll carry my 48. One day I’ll dot that too when I can spend and I feel comfortable with a dot.

I’m looking at L&M today and he has an rmr06 type and a 2.5 moa SRO. Both seem fine. Particularly the SRO if I’m not carrying it much at all.

On the other hand, a friend is really pushing me to get a Holosun 507c x2 and save like $170-200. I’d love that savings, it’d help a lot. Something really bugs me about the Chinese origin. It’s in my head that there’s a good chance at lemons and bad CS. That and the billboard Holosun logo bug me.

Tough one here.

Site Supporter
    Between the likelihood of QC issues or lack there of between the Holosun and the Trijicon and the PRC origin of the Holosun, the issue and solution are fairly clear.

Is your best performance under most adverse circumstances and self professed patriotism worth the saved 200.00?

Odds v Stakes etc.

If you had to ask the question, you already know the answer...

edited to add: Edge of my lane: why not dot the gun you are going to carry? It does not seem particularly efficient, particular in a time of of high cost/low avail of ammo, to burn in the thousands of reps to get good with a dot on a gun that you will not be regularly carrying.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Between the likelihood of QC issues or lack there of between the Holosun and the Trijicon and the PRC origin of the Holosun, the issue and solution are fairly clear.

Is your best performance under most adverse circumstances and self professed patriotism worth the saved 200.00?

Odds v Stakes etc.

If you had to ask the question, you already know the answer...

edited to add: Edge of my lane: why not dot the gun you are going to carry? It does not seem particularly efficient, particular in a time of of high cost/low avail of ammo, to burn in the thousands of reps to get good with a dot on a gun that you will not be regularly carrying.
    If I read you right, it sounds like Trijicon is the answer.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    So, despite it being completely selfish and irresponsible I think I’m ready to send my 19 in now. It’s not my carry so it can be set aside to dry fire and learn the dot. I’ll carry my 48. One day I’ll dot that too when I can spend and I feel comfortable with a dot.

I’m looking at L&M today and he has an rmr06 type and a 2.5 moa SRO. Both seem fine. Particularly the SRO if I’m not carrying it much at all.

On the other hand, a friend is really pushing me to get a Holosun 507c x2 and save like $170-200. I’d love that savings, it’d help a lot. Something really bugs me about the Chinese origin. It’s in my head that there’s a good chance at lemons and bad CS. That and the billboard Holosun logo bug me.

Tough one here.
    I have a few RMR type 2's that I really like, but also really like the 2 507c V2's I have. I wouldn't hesitate to get the Holosun to dip your toes in the RDS waters.

User Tag List