Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Red dot glock research.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    @GJM A better option between SRO and rmr for my first pistol dot. Which is the better choice to learn on and rugged enough for edc. If I choose to carry it vs my 48. It’ll mostly be range and it’s my HD gun. But It will get carried a few months of the year.
    To put on what pistol? The RMR has better auto intensity and is stronger, the SRO is easier to shoot.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    To put on what pistol? The RMR has better auto intensity and is stronger, the SRO is easier to shoot.
    Gen 5 G19.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I believe the GL-506 is the MOS lower 1/3 co-witness height, and the GL-429 is intended for direct mill mounts. That said, I think the GL-429 will serve on a MOS gun, but will be a little lower than the traditional 1/3 co-witness.
    I put GL-429's on my 45 MOS slide with CHPWS V3 plate and love them. Just tall enough to be useful, and maximizes useful viewing area in the already tiny RMR window. I'd say a little more than half the rear notch is useful, and is about a lower 1/5ish co-witness.

I went with the RM06 6.5moa because...

1- The bigger dot is easier for me to pick up.
    2- The bigger dot has perceivably less movement to me.
    3- The bigger dot is still roughly half the width of a standard Glock front sight, so already offers a precision increase that my skill level is still working up to.

No regrets on the 6.5moa choice. That said, I will likely go 3.25moa on my next RMR simply to make it a useful option on long guns (PDW type).

ETA: Rich, I can't adequately put into words my elation with the pistol dot at this point. If you can swing it without any discomfort, I would urge you to.
    Last edited by StraitR; 04-15-2020 at 10:04 AM.

RMR prices seem to be steadily climbing.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I just realized that I can do an rmr on my G48 with an adapter. Hmmmm. Now I’m really stuck. 48 is kind of perfect in NY other than the lack of light rail. Had it in mind the 19 made more sense with an rmr but idk

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    I just realized that I can do an rmr on my G48 with an adapter. Hmmmm. Now I’m really stuck. 48 is kind of perfect in NY other than the lack of light rail. Had it in mind the 19 made more sense with an rmr but idk
    Get the dot for what you see yourself carrying the most.

G48 it is. 19 is mostly an HD.

I'd actually suggest getting the dot for what you see yourself practicing with the most to start off with. There is a bit of a learning curve so many people don't suggest just adding a dot and going straight to carrying it.

If you carry the 48 more, it may be better to go with a dot on the 19 until you feel you are comfortable enough to add one to your carry gun, then either move it over or add a second dot.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I'd actually suggest getting the dot for what you see yourself practicing with the most to start off with. There is a bit of a learning curve so many people don't suggest just adding a dot and going straight to carrying it.

If you carry the 48 more, it may be better to go with a dot on the 19 until you feel you are comfortable enough to add one to your carry gun, then either move it over or add a second dot.
    I take my previous post back, this is a better idea.

I also have a VP9 that I don’t rely on for carry or HD. Hmmm.

User Tag List