Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Red dot glock research.

One sight I haven’t mentioned was the ACRO. Seems it’s bomb proof but large and battery life is like 2-4 weeks. Is that right?!

They seem different in different pictures. Are they that big? Too large for aiwb? Again, I’d likely have my J or 48 on me but I’d like to carry it here and there too. Is the battery life turning out to be that short for most ppl? I read some of the Acro thread but it’s long.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    One sight I haven’t mentioned was the ACRO. Seems it’s bomb proof but large and battery life is like 2-4 weeks. Is that right?!

They seem different in different pictures. Are they that big? Too large for aiwb? Again, I’d likely have my J or 48 on me but I’d like to carry it here and there too. Is the battery life turning out to be that short for most ppl? I read some of the Acro thread but it’s long.
    I haven't handled either, but the ACRO and 509T scream duty optic, not CCW.

Makes sense. The rmr06 and SRO seem my answer. Love the idea of the bigger glass and easy access battery of the SRO. Loving the ruggedness of the rmr.

Site Supporter
    I like my RMR's but will be buying a couple Holosun's to try out. 407K for a 43X and a 508T for a G45.

So, last night I ordered a set of GL-429 from Brownells. It’s a seed. The starting point. I’ll get mill money saved up and send them the sights to install while milling. Then I’ll save for the rmr/SRO/Acro, whatever I choose.

So, last night I ordered a set of GL-429 from Brownells. It’s a seed. The starting point. I’ll get mill money saved up and send them the sights to install while milling. Then I’ll save for the rmr/SRO/Acro, whatever I choose.
    See this thread:
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....back-up-sights

With a direct milled slide .215 front .250 rear standard height sights can work.

They are peekaboo and don't take up the red dot window at all.

Depending on what Gen G19, your current sights might work and are already zero'd!

Just a thought. Good luck!

Edit: I suppose the challenge is finding a rear .250 that is skinny to fit behind a dot... As opposed to chopping one.
    Last edited by rayrevolver; 04-12-2020 at 08:14 AM.

Gen 5 19 with Bolds. Not MOS. I was going to have Jager mill it. You think my Bolds will be high enough? If so damn I just wasted $50 lol

Gen 5 19 with Bolds. Not MOS. I was going to have Jager mill it. You think my Bolds will be high enough? If so damn I just wasted $50 lol
    I *think* the Gen5s are lower based on my G5G34 and my issues in that previous thread with a 19. So you would still need higher sights.

Do you have calipers to measure your sights?

Brownells has a good return policy.

Happy Easter.

I don’t. I’ll probably keep the gl-429 and install to be sure or ask Jager to check before swapping.

Makes sense. The rmr06 and SRO seem my answer. Love the idea of the bigger glass and easy access battery of the SRO. Loving the ruggedness of the rmr.
    Isn’t @GJM running the crud out of SRO’s now? Maybe he said he’s still running RMRs for carry?

The battery life on the ACRO kills it for me.

In my limited experience I much preferred the bigger dot size to the smaller dot size.

I don’t think you would go wrong with the SRO or RMR. I think you would be much happier with the SRO though. I think it’s just splitting hairs on durability and size. When’s the last time your dropped a gun on concrete? I would much rather have the clear glass and easy to find dot.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List