Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Red dot glock research.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    What are the proper Ameriglo all black suppressor sights ? I see multiple heights. For an rmr06 on a gen 5 G19.
    The one ‘everyone’ gets is the GL-429.

I believe the GL-506 is the MOS lower 1/3 co-witness height, and the GL-429 is intended for direct mill mounts. That said, I think the GL-429 will serve on a MOS gun, but will be a little lower than the traditional 1/3 co-witness.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    I think I’ll be passing on the whole Chinese thing. Acro seems massive but seems fantastic albeit having short battery life.
    I don’t have great vision. I don’t wear glasses or anything but 25yd targets are far from clear to me. My brother suggested a 6.5 moa. Is that wrong? 3.25 seemed pretty standard.
    Depends on the optic. My SRO has a 5MOA dot, but the dot seems smaller and more precise than the 3.25 on the RMR.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by Olim9 View Post
    The one ‘everyone’ gets is the GL-429.
    I have been looking at a red dot as well. Why don’t people use tritium sights, in case the dot fails in the dark?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk87 View Post
    I have been looking at a red dot as well. Why don’t people use tritium sights, in case the dot fails in the dark?
    Most people like plain black just to keep the sight picture from being too busy. I don’t want anything competing with the dot.

Also, I prefer a flashlight to night sights for shooting in the dark so I can see what I’m shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’ve only borrowed red dot pistols and never owned one. I have a little experience with an RMR, Holosun (don’t remember the model but it was recent, a DPP, and most recently an SRO. The SRO is silly easy to use. Glass is really clear and the dot is easy to find in the window. I’ve used it on a cloudy day and as of today a really bright and sunny day. I love the 5 MOA dot.

For me personally if I was buying it would be an SRO. It’s the first dot for me that has me really thinking about making the jump. It felt like cheating.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

http://youtu.be/UzjgOq60vFE

This bothers me on the SRO. As statistically unlikely as it may be to drop your pistol... they still get dropped. (Sage Dynamics SRO Test)

I’m sure it rocks in competition.

Quote Originally Posted by ldunnmobile View Post
    http://youtu.be/UzjgOq60vFE

This bothers me on the SRO. As statistically unlikely as it may be to drop your pistol... they still get dropped. (Sage Dynamics SRO Test)

I’m sure it rocks in competition.
    I appreciate Aarons testing and his data points but to apply that same testing to CCW use is absurd. If the dot breaks and shatters use your irons, use an index, intuitive shot, etc. A fall that would damage an SRO is going to damage your iron sights too, or one could argue that.

I would carry an SRO IF the footprint doesnt bother you without hesitation. I would carry an SRO on duty as well and will when/if we move to red dots.

It's unfortunate the outsize influence "torture tests" and drop tests have had given their anecdotal nature.

I watched "Sully" last night. Despite that individual outcome, probably still not a good idea to attempt a water landing with a passenger plane.

User Tag List