Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Red dot glock research.

Who’s got good rmr type 2 pricing?

I would agree with the previous thought on the SRO size for carry. It's a little bigger than what I prefer, but still manageable since most of the size is closer to the belt line.

I prefer the 3.25 MOA dot size for RMR, and 5 MOA for the SRO. One big difference between the SRO and RMR that I have read about and found to be true is the auto brightness adjustment for the RMR seems to be brighter in the same lighting situation. Since the SRO will be dimmer for the same situation a larger dot can help make it easier to pick up. I still think the 3.25 RMR is still easier to see than the 5 MOA SRO in the same lighting situations with the auto adjustment turned on.

If you are new to dots, or really even if you aren't, the larger window of the SRO definitely makes picking up the dot easier from a draw or from awkward positions.

I just sold both of my SROs because they sat unused while I carried my RMR guns. The combination of them being a little bigger than I prefer, and the brightness issue just made me grab the RMR more often. Having to change the battery once a year isn't a big deal to me. My guns are milled, but I haven't had to adjust my zero after changing the battery at all. This may vary for MOS guns, but in all honesty having to verify your zero once a year isn't a bad idea anyways.

I also haven't used any of the Holosun options, mainly just because I'd prefer not to buy from China. Based on what I've seen, they seem to work just fine, but since other quality options are available I'd prefer to spend my money elsewhere.

I took an RDS instructor course with Dan Smith from Centrifuge Training a few months ago and some of the stuff Dan mentioned
    •Holosuns can be DOA right out the gate or eventually crap out or work for high round count (the latter was my experience)
    •an agency can purchase 100 Holosuns and have to send about a dozen back for repairs immediately whereas an agency that purchases 100 RMRs will only have to send out 3 after a couple of years
    •the larger eotech reticle on the Holosuns act as ‘training wheels’ for shooters not accustomed to the red dot
    •Holosun’s QA/QC is getting better

A student asked him about the SRO’s durability and he stated it’s on par with the Leupold DPP. As much as I would like to recommend the Holosun with the larger reticle, it would be a PITA on your part trying to get it fixed and vetted if you do get a bad one. I’d recommend either the 6.5 or 3.25 MOA Type 2 RMR and getting some online instruction from Scott Jedlinski then further reenforce fundamentals with dry practice.

Wow thank you!!!!

I see the rmr06 type 2 3.25 moa at its lowest for $440. Anyone see cheaper?

Is there any difference besides dot size on the 6.5 moa rmr02 type 2? They’re $468.

Site Supporter
    From the outside looking in on this-Buy Quality Cry Once would be my motto for something I was going to CCW. To date, I think that strongly counsels for an RMR or perhaps an Aimpoint Acro or old school Aimpoint H/T series al la Dagga Boy's proof of concept model a few years back at the SHOT Show etc IIRC.

If you are "only" competing/training/plinking, no harm no foul.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Oh the holosun requires removal also?! Jeez. I’m clueless. So the SRO and Acro are it for non removal ?

I see Jager (not that I need to use them) uses Dawson tall sights. Any reason to NOT use Dawson tall sights?

I either carry a 48 or a J in pocket. The 19 is the house gun. But I carry it sometimes.

Is the SRO rugged enough for carry or is the rmr suggested?
    The first gen Holosuns require removal for battery change like the RMR. The newest ones don’t.

From a quality/durability standpoint the Holosuns have proven to be surprisingly good. But they are made in China and like all Chinese companies they have ties to the Chinese government.

I think I’ll be passing on the whole Chinese thing. Acro seems massive but seems fantastic albeit having short battery life.
    I don’t have great vision. I don’t wear glasses or anything but 25yd targets are far from clear to me. My brother suggested a 6.5 moa. Is that wrong? 3.25 seemed pretty standard.

delete
    Last edited by newyork; 04-10-2020 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Wow thank you!!!!

I see the rmr06 type 2 3.25 moa at its lowest for $440. Anyone see cheaper?

Is there any difference besides dot size on the 6.5 moa rmr02 type 2? They’re $468.
    I sold a like-new but used Type 2 RMR 3.25moa for $350. $440 new seems like a decent price. And as it normally happens, shortly after I sold the RMR a G19 Suarez slide fell into my lap.

My first experience with a pistol and red dot was this setup:

It was a cheap way to try it out and also the FF3 was not getting banged around. I shot a 22LR 2-gun match and pushed for speed outside of my comfort zone. It was amazing and I was in the top 3 for pistols that day. Maybe I was the only goofball with a red dot, I can't remember.

I am in no way trying to sway you to Holosun. This below is a fun-gun and a way to get me into a reciprocating red dot... for now.

I hate to put money in PRC pockets but just decided on the 407CO for the reticle (doughnut of death, NOT the EoTech style). $205 delivered made it easy to try. In dry-fire and timed draws, it is really nice and the doughnut is very crisp. I did not want to wait for the V2 CO version because these have been shown, outside of infant mortality, to be good optics with long battery life.

This thread has some good photos of this reticle:
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post964325

I hope this is my last PRC optic but we shall see. My last optic failure was a Trijicon MRO, so it does happen!

What are the proper Ameriglo all black suppressor sights ? I see multiple heights. For an rmr06 on a gen 5 G19.

User Tag List