Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Red dot glock research.

Red dot glock research.

Recently I sold a couple small things and was very close to choosing to send of my 19 slide to Jager. I’ve never used a pistol rds before so I was not so sure I wanted to but I’m curious. I have no chances to try a friends or anything like that.

When I looked at prices I saw that the rmr and SRO were with work were way higher than my $500 on hand so I started backing out. I do like the fact that the SRO battery can be changed without removal.

I ended up needing the money for bills but still wanted to ask some questions.

Is the SRO fine for aiwb carry?
    Will the rmr be far off zero when removing for battery replacement ?
    Should I not be sneering and pushing away the holosun because it’s Chinese? My thought have been hell no not a Chinese made gun product.
    He was out of stock but at the time I could’ve afforded the holosun.

I don’t get to shoot much due to small kids and no time. Is the red dot a bad idea until I can start shooting much more again?

Rich
    Last edited by newyork; 04-10-2020 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post

Is the SRO fine for aiwb carry?

Will the rmr be far off zero when removing for battery replacement ?

I don’t get to shoot much do to small kids and no time. Is the red dot a bad idea until I can start shooting much more again?
    SRO was a little too big for my preferences but doable.

Not too far, in my experience. Having a suppressor height sights and referencing the dot to them helps.

Yes, I wouldn't start with it if I couldn't give a good practice effort. Dots are frustrating early on for the most shooters, you do not need to put your work in, and if you don't shoot, you'll likely stall.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Sounds like a $500-800 savings lol.

It’s killing me how little I’m able to shoot but I wouldn’t trade. When the youngest gets a little older it’ll be much easier.

What are your thoughts on Holosun? My objection was more about it being from China than its actual quality I suppose.

I'm comfortable with a Holosun 407/507/508 dot, personally. I put about 4,000 rounds through a 507 and a 508 before moving on to the ACRO for reasons unrelated to dot quality, and the only issue I had was a bad pack of CR2032s (not the dot's fault). The things I didn't care for were the small dot size (some people like small, some people like big. I prefer a 5-6MOA dot) and the lack of a good auto-adjust feature (again, some people want that and some people don't).

If buying new, I'd hold out for one of the new V2 models for the simple reason that you no longer have to remove the optic to change the battery.

Oh the holosun requires removal also?! Jeez. I’m clueless. So the SRO and Acro are it for non removal ?

I see Jager (not that I need to use them) uses Dawson tall sights. Any reason to NOT use Dawson tall sights?

I either carry a 48 or a J in pocket. The 19 is the house gun. But I carry it sometimes.

Is the SRO rugged enough for carry or is the rmr suggested?
    Last edited by newyork; 04-10-2020 at 10:42 AM.

What is the dot size ppl suggested for all around uses? A friend suggested the rmr06 type. That’s 3.25moa I believe. I see type 1 are cheap. Type 2 like $440.
    Last edited by newyork; 04-10-2020 at 11:09 AM.

Site Supporter
    The newer Holosun's don't need to be removed for battery replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    The newer Holosun's don't need to be removed for battery replacement.
    Which models for pistol rds are those?

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Which models for pistol rds are those?
    They have “V2” in the name

Saw that thank you. Gotta get past the Chinese thing.

User Tag List