Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I shot a 2.77 FAST today.

I shot a 2.77 FAST today.

Just kidding, it was Ben Stoeger with the latest installment of the FAST WARS

All I know is that I know nothing. - Socrates

These speed demons shoot totally upright. How about the method of aggressive forward stance; chin past the belt buckle etc for running the gun/controlling recoil? Myth? Or N/A for 9mm?

BTW - this dueling warp speed FAST is a lot fun. Thanks to both "combatants"!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I thought so too at first, but in this video, the camera is angled. It's best to think of Ben like a racing driver - like Nigel Mansell, or the Stig. They could talk to you all day about driving (shooting), but start asking them other questions, like how to operate a video camera properly, and it becomes obvious quick that they're pretty much a high functioning retard
    All I know is that I know nothing. - Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by DonovanM View Post
    I thought so too at first, but in this video, the camera is angled. It's best to think of Ben like a racing driver - like Nigel Mansell, or the Stig. They could talk to you all day about driving (shooting), but start asking them other questions, like how to operate a video camera properly, and it becomes obvious quick that they're pretty much a high functioning retard
    This is why I need a wife. She normally handles complicated things like video cameras and brassing.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    These speed demons shoot totally upright. How about the method of aggressive forward stance; chin past the belt buckle etc for running the gun/controlling recoil? Myth? Or N/A for 9mm?
    Economy of motion says you move one thing, the gun, not two. However you want to stand is up to you but it has to be consistant. If you were to look though at all the top 16, almost to a man they all stand completely upright. Doesn't matter what division and caliber has nothing to do with it. Personally, I've been standing since I was a kid. Don't need to relearn how to do that or walk or run or anything else. Shooting is what I need to work on, not the other things.

Awesome work! And here I was excited about my clean 3.91 FAST earlier. Those two are inspiring me to be better!
    http://thedownzerojourney.wordpress.com/

Fast!

To have amazing shooters like Todd Green, Dave Sevigny, Bob Vogel, and Ben Stoeger documenting their runs via video is great motivation for a novice like myself. Watching different techniques with similar end results is intriguing.

From footage I've seen, DonovanM and OrigamiAK are no slouches either ha!
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

Wow, Ben, totally fantastic shooting.

When you make these videos, I would sure like to see the time breakdown in addition to the total time.

Where was the camera? Nice vest! Sorry, had to add that.

Crap...... after two weeks of not shooting, I manage a clean sub 5 second run on my third attempt and you post a 2.77. That is just mean.
    Taking a break from social media.

User Tag List