Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: LAW folder

Quote Originally Posted by snow white View Post

Anyone else get all cut up on this razor sharp tab that guards the button. I believe it happens when I break my grip to safe the rifle with my thumb. I was doing allot of odd shooting positions today so that might have something to do with it.
    Come to think of it I only shot mine once with the folder and I got all cut up too. Since I might be able to find the time I'll get it out of the safe and check it out.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    For $250, it seems like the CNC ought to include a chamfer or something. Won't stop me from knocking the edge off that thing with a file, unless @KevinB tells us they're going to rev it and take care of that.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    For $250, it seems like the CNC ought to include a chamfer or something. Won't stop me from knocking the edge off that thing with a file, unless @KevinB tells us they're going to rev it and take care of that.
    Yeah I'm about to take that edge down myself.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Cool, thanks.

In a process of researching the subject I found this

https://www.sb-tactical.com/product/...-pull-limiter/
    Those look slick. I put my email down to be notified when they’re back in stock. I wonder if they need to be installed with some kind of super glue or epoxy to meet whatever the requirements are.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Those look slick. I put my email down to be notified when they’re back in stock. I wonder if they need to be installed with some kind of super glue or epoxy to meet whatever the requirements are.
    Since it's all based on an Opinion Letter, your guess is as good as anyone's... But epoxy certainly wouldn't be a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Since it's all based on an Opinion Letter, your guess is as good as anyone's... But epoxy certainly wouldn't be a bad idea.
    At this point I think we’re past just an opinion letter. A guy in Ohio was prosecuted for modifying a pistol brace which the US Attorney’s Office argued now had an LOP over 13.5”. The defendant was acquitted because the ATF examiner measured the LOP at a diagonal instead of parallel to the bore and a correct measurement resulted in a LOP just under 13.5”. I think we had a thread about the case last year.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

At this point I think we’re past just an opinion letter. A guy in Ohio was prosecuted for modifying a pistol brace which the US Attorney’s Office argued now had an LOP over 13.5”. The defendant was acquitted because the ATF examiner measured the LOP at a diagonal instead of parallel to the bore and a correct measurement resulted in a LOP just under 13.5”. I think we had a thread about the case last year.
    I was more referring to whether or not the LOP limiter had to be a permanent fix or if a drop-in solution was good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    I was more referring to whether or not the LOP limiter had to be a permanent fix or if a drop-in solution was good enough.
    Gotcha. I’d err on the side of permanent and epoxy it.

If I recall correctly the guy in question had also modified his brace by putting a rubber cane tip in the end of it, allegedly to “make it more easily shoulderable.” I think the crux of it was the ATF argued that between the longer length of pull and the cane tip, the person in question had demonstrated intent to use the brace as a shoulder stock, versus happening to allow the brace to touch his shoulder incidentally.

In typical fashion gun laws are anything but simple.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

I got the email and ordered some.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List