Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: LAW folder

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    As I was reading through this thread that’s where my mind went. Lots of people go to short barrels to save on space but give up a theoretical functionality by doing so. If your could cut length off the other end instead...

And once you’ve shortened both ends, I could see a potential for needing or wanting to fire with the stock folded. Having a PDW close at hand in a vehicle, say a pretty-hurricane evacuation or even riding trails in a side-by-side I can think of scenarios where even point-shooting would be plausible from the driver’s seat. Not ideal, and yeah theoretically you’d have a pistol available too and that might be a better tool... but there certainly could be situations where the PDW with folded stock was the A-answer. In fact, I might be less inclined to compromise my pistol carry position when driving and instead rely on the PDW.

And yes, I’m willfully ignoring the floating firing pin debate. And no, I still don’t put the gun on safe when reloading, despite what patmac says
    Honestly - I was surprised how usable it was with the stock folded at close targets, not ideal - but,

I fired a 30rd mag from a Mk18 with the stock folded on auto in a mag dump -- it was interesting. Standing you can't really brace the recoil so it goes through arms into body and pushes unlike if you have the stock in.
    However seated recoil management was much easier, and I found it easier to engage targets accurately with the stock folded than stock extended into a shoulder when in a moving vehicle.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Director of R&D
    Law Tactical LLC
    www.lawtactical.com
    kevin@lawtactical.com
    407-451-4544

Name:  20200416_153040.jpg
Views: 808
Size:  41.5 KB

Name:  20200416_153024.jpg
Views: 803
Size:  42.1 KB

Anyone else get all cut up on this razor sharp tab that guards the button. I believe it happens when I break my grip to safe the rifle with my thumb. I was doing allot of odd shooting positions today so that might have something to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    In an abundance of caution I filled the last detent hole on my buffer tube so my SBA3 could not exceed 13.5" LOP.
    So, how did you do it? I presume it should be at least semi-permanent, resistant to recoil, and flush. I should have all components to put together my folder by the end of next week, I never use the last hole anyway, therefore, I don't see any reason not to do it and then forget that LOP thing.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    So, how did you do it? I presume it should be at least semi-permanent, resistant to recoil, and flush. I should have all components to put together my folder by the end of next week, I never use the last hole anyway, therefore, I don't see any reason not to do it and then forget that LOP thing.
    I’m planning to JB weld the furthest hole in my receiver extension. Once cured, I think it meets all of your requirements.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I was thinking the same.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I’ll take a picture when I get off shift, but basically I put the extension in a vice, then used the pin from an old GI stock in the second to last position as a mold. Put JB weld in the last position and filled the track all the way to the pin. Once it dried I removed the pin and trimmed/sanded flash to fit. Honestly it took more effort to type out this description than to do.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Here is the finished buffer tube:Name:  8D1F885D-5CF2-41E3-91CE-0ED41CCACD5B.jpg
Views: 658
Size:  36.3 KB

Cool, thanks.

In a process of researching the subject I found this

https://www.sb-tactical.com/product/...-pull-limiter/

That’s what I wanted to use, but unfortunately I couldn’t find them anywhere so fabricobble it was...
    Last edited by DpdG; 04-25-2020 at 03:30 PM.

For those with access to 3D printers.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3887345

User Tag List