Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: LAW folder

Just gonna throw it out there that Law folding adapters are on sale at Brownells as part of the 'Stimulus Sale' - https://www.brownells.com/.aspx/bapi...ulus-sale-2020

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    How many people really need to shoot with the stock folded?
    The guy slinging rounds while firing with his folded rifle will most likely get smoked by the guy that takes the extra half-second to unfold his rifle and take aimed shots.

Oh that third hole tho...

Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    Thx, I went on internet hiatus during ARIC development and the subsequent release delays we had.

There are number of ARIC follow on setups we are playing with - but the main goal was with the NSN and folder adoption to offer a drop in setup for those already with folders.

While you don't need the tube etc behind - you can't get enough cycle room just at the lower receiver - so we engineering ARIC with the OAL of the folder in mind -- subsequent adaptors need to account for that.

If you see the end cup that extends from the folder above - you see why a simple rear plate doesn't work -- as well to retain a no tool take down method - you can't put a full 1913 rail over it - as you then lose the ability to disassemble.
    We have several solutions that are being worked on, that will allow for a number of different stock/brace options that should hopefully make most folks happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Oh that third hole tho...
    I literally can't think of a time when Kevin didn't have all the cool toys.

Will this ARIC be engineered so that it can be used with existing LAW folders? If not, I'll wait until it comes out with its proprietary folding device.

Thx, I went on internet hiatus during ARIC development and the subsequent release delays we had.

There are number of ARIC follow on setups we are playing with - but the main goal was with the NSN and folder adoption to offer a drop in setup for those already with folders.

While you don't need the tube etc behind - you can't get enough cycle room just at the lower receiver - so we engineering ARIC with the OAL of the folder in mind -- subsequent adaptors need to account for that.

If you see the end cup that extends from the folder above - you see why a simple rear plate doesn't work -- as well to retain a no tool take down method - you can't put a full 1913 rail over it - as you then lose the ability to disassemble.
    We have several solutions that are being worked on, that will allow for a number of different stock/brace options that should hopefully make most folks happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    Will this ARIC be engineered so that it can be used with existing LAW folders? If not, I'll wait until it comes out with its proprietary folding device.
    Works with all Gen of LAW folders -- the earlier Gen2 may need a replacement flange as that part was not toleranced as tightly as it is now.

As to El Cid's point - very very very few folks need to be able to fire a long gun with a folding stock folded -- the problem is so many folks think they need to, and many non M16FOW systems do it.

I can hit heads fairly easy out to 100m with the stock folded - but honestly the only viable option is really a contact distance when deploying the stock is either impossible - or you don't have time and need to shoot thru the bag or from under clothing presentation.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Director of R&D
    Law Tactical LLC
    www.lawtactical.com
    kevin@lawtactical.com
    407-451-4544

Works with all Gen of LAW folders -- the earlier Gen2 may need a replacement flange as that part was not toleranced as tightly as it is now.

As to El Cid's point - very very very few folks need to be able to fire a long gun with a folding stock folded -- the problem is so many folks think they need to, and many non M16FOW systems do it.

I can hit heads fairly easy out to 100m with the stock folded - but honestly the only viable option is really a contact distance when deploying the stock is either impossible - or you don't have time and need to shoot thru the bag or from under clothing presentation.
    A “better to have it, and not need it” situation? I can understand how market pressure would be enough to want the capability.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    A “better to have it, and not need it” situation? I can understand how market pressure would be enough to want the capability.
    Honestly when I worked at KAC, it was a common request from many DOD and USG organizations. Some who had clearly given it some thought, others who clearly had not.
    Most folding system in service with various entities even if bagged, have unfold the stock as part of the unbagging, and shooting without shouldering is not considered - mainly due to liability.
    The only setups being used "as is" underclothing are generally MP7's - at contact distances.

Last year we had a senior SOF element commander explain why he liked ARIC for M4's, which was something I hadn't previously thought of. Now he and his CSM articulated it very well, but it wouldn't apply to anyone CONUS, LE/GOV or CIV.
    It was simply a space consideration for vehicle mounted personnel - using a MAWL, or LA-5 on Vis (daylight) or IR for low light - the lack of a stock allows a M4A1/URGI to be rotated, used and aimed in constrained positions, and still retaining a long barrel for general purpose usage.

Previously we had really only considered ARIC for the Mk18 and similar setups.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Director of R&D
    Law Tactical LLC
    www.lawtactical.com
    kevin@lawtactical.com
    407-451-4544

Last year we had a senior SOF element commander explain why he liked ARIC for M4's, which was something I hadn't previously thought of. Now he and his CSM articulated it very well, but it wouldn't apply to anyone CONUS, LE/GOV or CIV.
    It was simply a space consideration for vehicle mounted personnel - using a MAWL, or LA-5 on Vis (daylight) or IR for low light - the lack of a stock allows a M4A1/URGI to be rotated, used and aimed in constrained positions, and still retaining a long barrel for general purpose usage.
    As I was reading through this thread that’s where my mind went. Lots of people go to short barrels to save on space but give up a theoretical functionality by doing so. If your could cut length off the other end instead...

And once you’ve shortened both ends, I could see a potential for needing or wanting to fire with the stock folded. Having a PDW close at hand in a vehicle, say a pretty-hurricane evacuation or even riding trails in a side-by-side I can think of scenarios where even point-shooting would be plausible from the driver’s seat. Not ideal, and yeah theoretically you’d have a pistol available too and that might be a better tool... but there certainly could be situations where the PDW with folded stock was the A-answer. In fact, I might be less inclined to compromise my pistol carry position when driving and instead rely on the PDW.

And yes, I’m willfully ignoring the floating firing pin debate. And no, I still don’t put the gun on safe when reloading, despite what patmac says

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Let's keep memes in the meme thread and not clutter up technical posts.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List