Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: LAW folder

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    TSG, does the hinge interfere with manipulating the safety?
    No it doesn't.

For reference.

FWIW the Gen 3M also has a NSN 1005 01 673 4614.

Kevin S. Boland
    Director of R&D
    Law Tactical LLC
    www.lawtactical.com
    kevin@lawtactical.com
    407-451-4544

I am suffering from waiters remorse, I saw these at a show a couple years ago for just over $200 and waited. Then Brownell’s had them last month for $225 and I waited. Now due to the PDW thread I’ve decided that my 10.5” pistol needs one.

As a question, are the braces on the DD or SOLGW or anyone else's factory pistol modified to shorten the LOP? From what I understand that 13.5” magic length results from one ATF employee’s verbal conversation about when a “brace” is too long and becomes a “stock”. It would be telling to know what the manufacturers did.

Count me in on a group buy, unless my CC crawls out of my wallet and has relations my laptop beforehand.
    Last edited by Rick R; 04-10-2020 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Clarity

Thanks for everyone’s response to my questions. I appreciate it.

I think I’m sold on the concept.

paging @karmapolice
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

One factor, to keep in mind, is that the part of the LAW device, on the weapon side of the hinge, itself, adds some length, and, of course, the overall package is substantially wider, when the unit is folded. Think of it as doubling the weapon’s overall width, while only subtracting a few inches in overall length. One should be sure that one’s storage/concealment requirements make the whole equation worth it.

When I hold my DDM4V7P next to my 16” BCM Lightweight Middy, the latter with its stock collapsed, I wonder whether a LAW folder on a 16”+ weapon would be worth it.

If one has visions of slinging a a weapon, with the LAW folded, under a trench coat, well, better order that trench coat tailored extra-extra-full-volume.

To be clear, I am not arguing against the LAW folder! Mine has seen little actual use, but it seems very well-made.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    paging @karmapolice
    The LAW folder is indeed the gold standard and an enhancer to the AR platform. The weight added is balanced at the receiver which is fine (no free lunch), it is extremely solid and I use mine on my work rifle. There are no issues running the safety or charging handle etc. If there are any specif questions I will be glad to answer from an end user perspective.

LE/MIL Personnel can order direct from LAW, at a better price than Brownells.
    For non government personnel, our distributor agreement with Brownells does not allow us to sell them separately, we can only sell to Government, and OEM Manufacturers.
    I'd love to help LLB setup a group buy - but I don't see how to be able to do it at this point.

Besides - something neat it coming down the pipe - that would be a better group buy
    Kevin S. Boland
    Director of R&D
    Law Tactical LLC
    www.lawtactical.com
    kevin@lawtactical.com
    407-451-4544

Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    [SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri]
    Besides - something neat it coming down the pipe - that would be a better group buy
    Without spilling the beans, would someone interested in the LAW folder be better off waiting for something neat? I am totally under no time constraint.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    Would that something happen to be the bolt carrier that would allow an AR to function with the stock/brace folded over?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    @LittleLebowski get us a group buy with some funds kicked to PF. Ill pay full retail if it helps out PF.
    Working on it.

FYI, PF is also a Primary Arms affiliate and I believe that PA has a veterans discount.
    #RESIST

User Tag List