Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: LAW folder

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    A bigger concern is that the BCG carrier needs that little extension which is simply pushed in and appears to be just a friction fit. If it were to fall out, gun's dead.
    As other - more qualified - folks have mentioned, the BCG extension isn't just sitting there, it's held in place by the locking mechanism. First picture is with the lock closed, second is with the button depressed and the lock opened.

Name:  lock-closed.jpg
Views: 966
Size:  25.8 KB

Name:  lock-opened.jpg
Views: 961
Size:  24.4 KB
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I'm not sure, I've got a guy from LAW swinging in on this thread, sooner or later. You'll recognize his name
    Group buy!

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Is this is the best price around?
    Seems to be pretty competitive at the moment:

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/728795099312

Quote Originally Posted by shane45 View Post
    Group buy!
    That would be cool.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Other than the weight (10.5 oz) is there any downside to putting one on your gun?

Over the last couple of days, I’ve been kicking around the idea of adding one to a DDV7 pistol that I have. Which made the timing of this topic interesting for me personally.

Well, be way cooler if you bought from a P-F.com affiliate...

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    Other than the weight (10.5 oz) is there any downside to putting one on your gun?

Over the last couple of days, I’ve been kicking around the idea of adding one to a DDV7 pistol that I have. Which made the timing of this topic interesting for me personally.
    the hinge sticks out pretty far on the left, and depending on how you grasp the charging handle (if right handed, and using left left hand for manipulations), you can rap your knuckles on the hinge.

If you're one of those people who do that retarded mall ninja knife-hands palm smack on the charging handle to charge the weapon instead of acting like a normal human, that won't work with the LAW as it will stop your hand.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Cool, thanks everyone, seems like a vetted product.

It's $249.99 from Brownells and there's probably a free shipping code out there floating around if you're not an Edge member.

@LittleLebowski get us a group buy with some funds kicked to PF. Ill pay full retail if it helps out PF.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

They’re available at Brownell’s for $250 and there are codes for an additional $15 off (TAG or SAE) so you could save $5 off the Primary Arms price. Plus you can get whatever cash back percentage (4%?) Active Junky is running right now if you use their portal to get to Brownell’s.

If you’re willing to wait until all the craziness is over and the prices of all things gun related go back to normal, Brownell’s usually drops them down to $225-230 during holiday sales and usually has $20 off codes running. I think I got mine for $205+shipping during the last big holiday prior to the coronapocalypse. Sadly I forgot to go through Active Junky.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

TSG, does the hinge interfere with manipulating the safety?

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post

Not with the gen 3 as far as I'm concerned. There were people that reported the original mechanisms, which were aluminum and not steel like the gen 3, got sloppy after being folded and unfolded many times over a period of time, but I can't recall seeing any such complaints with the gen 3. Mine is a couple years old and appears to lock up just as tight as it did when it was new.

User Tag List