Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: LAW folder

The Gen 3 Law Folder remains the gold standard. Per reasonable internet resources, it's the only one that is used and vetted by real world user. The only caution I'd add is to consider the mass the bolt carrier extension adds. It seems equivalent to a bump in buffer weight. So if you want to run your gun as an H2, I'd run an H1 buffer to compensate for the extra weight.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I am gonna get a short setup with a brace, and @GJM is advising me to consider a LAW folder. I preface with never seeing one in person. I looked at the videos etc and have two reservations. A smaller one is that if it somehow unlocks, the carbine is not operational, unlike side folder AK or SCAR etc. A bigger concern is that the BCG carrier needs that little extension which is simply pushed in and appears to be just a friction fit. If it were to fall out, gun's dead.

I welcome all personal experiences and comments in this regard. I especially welcome any info if this unit has been appropriately tested and accepted (or rejected) by any professional entities.
    In addition to the mechanism capturing the BCG extension when folded as already mentioned, keep in mind that it is sandwiched between the buffer and BCG when in operation.....so it's not like it can come loose during operation and fall out, jamming up the system. It's always in butt-to-nut contact.

Gen III LAW folders are in use with both FBI HRT and DSS MSD, if that makes you feel any better.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Disregard, was mistaken.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Grey; 04-10-2020 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    Do any manufacturers produce either a complete pistol with a law installed or a complete lower with law installed?
    One is Daniel Defense, the DDM4V7P. Your choice of 300 AAC or 5.56. With SB Tactical Brace.

Mine is 300 AAC, with an older version of the brace than the current one.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    In addition to the mechanism capturing the BCG extension when folded as already mentioned, keep in mind that it is sandwiched between the buffer and BCG when in operation.....so it's not like it can come loose during operation and fall out, jamming up the system. It's always in butt-to-nut contact.

Gen III LAW folders are in use with both FBI HRT and DSS MSD, if that makes you feel any better.
    Interesting. I might have one on the way...

https://www.primaryarms.com/law-tact...ar15-and-ar308
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Off the top of my head, Daniel Defense and SOLGW both do.
    I got a MK 18 pistol which came with the LAW folder. I always assumed it came from the factory that way, but I guess it's possible my dealer installed it.

John Lovell from the WPS thread runs them. In one of his videos he states he's only seen one malfunction, and the gun was still functioning, just running slower.

cc

It adds quite a bit of weight to the rear and will change the balance dramatically, FWIW. Your gun will be extremely light in the front if you've got a skinny 10" barrel and KMR. With my 10" barrel, DDM4 rail and WML, it balances out very nicely, and will keep it from becoming super front heavy when I put my Turbo K on it.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    It adds quite a bit of weight to the rear and will change the balance dramatically, FWIW. Your gun will be extremely light in the front if you've got a skinny 10" barrel and KMR. With my 10" barrel, DDM4 rail and WML, it balances out very nicely, and will keep it from becoming super front heavy when I put my Turbo K on it.
    Agreed. It has a weight impact plus it adds some length. In my case, I used the "fixed" Magpul carbine stock and that plus LAW was just right for me and I do not have any carbine stock "wobble".

Cool, thanks everyone, seems like a vetted product.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post

Is this is the best price around?
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Cool, thanks everyone, seems like a vetted product. Is this is the best price around?
    I'm not sure, I've got a guy from LAW swinging in on this thread, sooner or later. You'll recognize his name
    #RESIST

User Tag List