Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: LAW folder

It is possible to re-use the flange tool? To uninstall/reinstall the adapter a few more times?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
    It is possible to re-use the flange tool? To uninstall/reinstall the adapter a few more times?
    I did once, not sure I'd wanna reuse it more than that though. Everytime it's bent back and forth it weakens the metal. How many times do you think you'll swap lowers with it?

Not many. However, I like the knowing I have the tools to remove/reinstall it if necessary.

On another tangent: I also notice how the adapter is scratching up my right hand, slightly above the web between thumb and index finger, when putting the rifle on safe. I would go as far as to say that ambi safety is strongly recommended with the LAW folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I did once, not sure I'd wanna reuse it more than that though. Everytime it's bent back and forth it weakens the metal. How many times do you think you'll swap lowers with it?

Not many. However, I like the knowing I have the tools to remove/reinstall it if necessary.

On another tangent: I also notice how the adapter is scratching up my right hand, slightly above the web between thumb and index finger, when putting the rifle on safe. I would go as far as to say that ambi safety is strongly recommended with the LAW folder.
    It will work a second and probably a third time if need be.

As far as chewing up your hand, that is something noted earlier in the thread by at least one person. I think it depends on how much you rotate your hand to activate the safety. I don't have that issue, but my wife did. I think the person in this thread filed down the ledge that was causing it.

Site Supporter

With a piece of metal the correct thickness, a hacksaw or dremel and a file or sand paper you could make a new tool in no time flat. It would just be one or two cuts, file the burr, check the fit and bada bing bada bam.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

@Andy T

Law Tactical offers "Replacement Parts + Tools" on their website.

https://www.lawtactical.com/category_s/1818.htm

The Flange Tool is currently listed at $3.99 each.
    And they offer an Armorer's Flange Tool at $45.99 each.

Site Supporter
    Well, my LAW folder is finally on the way...
    Sportsman’s Outdoor Superstore shipped the one I ordered 2 weeks ago today.

So I canceled the one that’s been back-ordered from Optics Planet for a month.

I’m really disappointed in Optics Planet. They showed it on their website as if it was an in-stock item, and then changed it to backordered the next day, after I had ordered. Then did it again about 10 days ago (although I called & chatted to verify whether it was in stock). After spending an hour trying to get an attendant to answer, it changed to “back ordered” again.

The one from Sportsman’s cost a few bucks more, but at least it’s not vaperware.

This has been a good thread, thanks to all who have participated.

I need a pair of these. One for a 11.5" pistol, the other to swap out the Maxim PDW stock on my DD PDW (want to get it even smaller).

I've signed up on couple email lists, so it's just a matter of waiting.

Site Supporter
    I guess I need to email LAW and see if they have a solution for a 10.3" DI gun with an H3 buffer.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    I guess I need to email LAW and see if they have a solution for a 10.3" DI gun with an H3 buffer.
    Are you experiencing any issues?

User Tag List