Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: LAW folder

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I got the email and ordered some.
    Same. It looks like a very clean solution to this problem.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    I filled in the last hole on my RE with epoxy and I have a total lop of about 13.25” with SB brace and LAW folder.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    The only caution I'd add is to consider the mass the bolt carrier extension adds. It seems equivalent to a bump in buffer weight. So if you want to run your gun as an H2, I'd run an H1 buffer to compensate for the extra weight.

This advice hasn't received any comments so I am going to bump it up and ask crowd's opinion. My PDWhatever is all put together, SR30/AAC lower with Law folder. KAC upper came with their own buffer, which is basically H2 at 4.7 oz. The Law bcg extension thingy is 2.2 oz. If we needed to adjust for extra weight, no heavy buffer would be needed at all.
    Just wondering what you all are doing with them buffers.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    This advice hasn't received any comments so I am going to bump it up and ask crowd's opinion. My PDWhatever is all put together, SR30/AAC lower with Law folder. KAC upper came with their own buffer, which is basically H2 at 4.7 oz. The Law bcg extension thingy is 2.2 oz. If we needed to adjust for extra weight, no heavy buffer would be needed at all.
    Just wondering what you all are doing with them buffers.
    I didn't bother to put a H2 in my Mk18 instead keeping it at an H buffer (which makes it just slightly heavier than an H2, if I recall correctly), but from reports along the interwebs I get the impression that most guns are forgiving enough that it doesn't make a difference.

Heck, you could probably put a 9mm buffer + LAW BCG extension in a legacy Bushmaster, RRA, or older DD and it'd function better.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Anyone know who has the Law Gen 3 folder in stock? I just looked at over a dozen places online and everyone is out of stock.

They say they have it in stock at the time of this post and the price is good.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperst....cfm/ID/215774
    Last edited by DamonL; 06-02-2020 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DamonL View Post
    They say they have it in stock at the time of this post and the price is good.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperst....cfm/ID/215774
    Perfect! Just ordered. Thank you.

Thanks for the input @DamonL. Put 500 rounds through it this afternoon after I installed the folder and it functioned flawlessly! OAL of 22” when folded. Now to find a backpack that won’t break the bank.
    Name:  3293E37E-D129-4183-B460-080727C7F8E8.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  66.2 KB
    Name:  3B6810C2-E6D8-4066-8D55-96FFD5D7BE96.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  50.4 KB
    Last edited by 23JAZ; 06-07-2020 at 05:39 PM.

Update on that sharp edge that has been cutting the top of my hand during safety manipulations. I took a file to it, no big deal just took it down a bit. I attended a rifle class recently and all I had was a small rub mark. I have a two day class in like three weeks so we will see after that if I need to take more material off.

Name:  20200521_202712.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  20.8 KB

@Jay23 Looks good! I just checked and they are out of stock again. The Law adaptor is hard to find. Glad it worked out for you. Now let’s keep an eye out for the AR Internal Carrier (ARIC) so we can shoot with the stock folded.

User Tag List