Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: LAW folder

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

So I went with an old home-brewed 2-1 sling. Mounted it to the LAW unit with a QD, and secured with a strong bungee. It’s fast to deploy, tidy when folded and, unobtrusive when shooting without the sling. Good thing I have another sling for the second rifle about to get a LAW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Not HighSpeed View Post
    Took my 11.5" out this weekend to shoot/test/verify it with different buffer weights as had been talked about here since I added the LAW folder.

For specs:

11.5" (all)BCM upper
    PSA lower with cmmg lpk
    Larue MBT-2S trigger
    VLTOR/A5 RE with mil rifle spring and SBA3
    H2 and H3 buffers.

It shot pretty much how I expected it to with the H2 considering the barrel length and to check/gauge the reliability of the buffer/Folder combination. I tried the H3 and she shot so smooth I thought I was shooting an airsoft rifle. I also shot his silencerco hybrid 46 suppressor (direct thread), and even with the extra length it still felt very light and maneuverable. Altogether we shot about 300 rounds through it (all 62 grain M855), with no issues. So it looks like continuing the use of an H3 is indeed possible. I plan to do more testing with this combo with a few different ammo types and will get back with the data.

Also, now I'm putting together a trust for a suppressor lol.
    Let me know how the H3 works out for you. I have H2s in all of my 11.5" ARs, but my PSA el-cheapo "pdw" is definitely more overgassed than the others. Have thought about throwing an H3 in, but the primary use of the PSA upper is shooting steel case ammo and ostensibly pseudo-disposable shorty AR for vehicle purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Let me know how the H3 works out for you. I have H2s in all of my 11.5" ARs, but my PSA el-cheapo "pdw" is definitely more overgassed than the others. Have thought about throwing an H3 in, but the primary use of the PSA upper is shooting steel case ammo and ostensibly pseudo-disposable shorty AR for vehicle purposes.
    Keep in mind that the A5 buffers and standard buffers with the same number aren't the same weight. An A5H2 weighs the same as a H3. It's been a cuppa years since I played around with buffers much, but my 6933 would function with full power 5.56 loads all the way up to a H3 buffer with Springco White standard spring, but would fail to lock the bolt open on empty. With the A5H2 and VLTOR spring, I get 100% function and the bolt locks back with no problem. It even runs lower powered .223 loads that would cause it to choke on the standard spring and H3. I'm not one for snake oil remedies, and was leery but cautiously optimistic about the A5 prior to trying it, but I've found it to do what they say it's supposed to and have the A5 on all my shorties, including the two with Law Folders. I keep one of each of the A5 buffers on hand for tuning new uppers, but find most of the time the A5H2 is the ticket.

A5H0- 3.8 oz CAR- 3.0 oz
    A5H1- 4.56 oz H1- 3.8 oz
    A5H2- 5.33 oz H2- 4.6 oz
    A5H3- 6.08 oz H3- 5.5 oz
    A5H4- 6.83 oz

Just don't ever run a standard buffer in an A5 RE. When we were taming my nephew's 10.5" PSA, he accidentally grabbed the H2 buffer off my tailgate instead of the A5H2. The shorter buffer in the longer tube caused the rear of the gas key on the BCG to slam into the back of the lower receiver. Luckily no real damage other than to his ego.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Keep in mind that the A5 buffers and standard buffers with the same number aren't the same weight. An A5H2 weighs the same as a H3. It's been a cuppa years since I played around with buffers much, but my 6933 would function with full power 5.56 loads all the way up to a H3 buffer with Springco White standard spring, but would fail to lock the bolt open on empty. With the A5H2 and VLTOR spring, I get 100% function and the bolt locks back with no problem. It even runs lower powered .223 loads that would cause it to choke on the standard spring and H3. I'm not one for snake oil remedies, and was leery but cautiously optimistic about the A5 prior to trying it, but I've found it to do what they say it's supposed to and have the A5 on all my shorties, including the two with Law Folders. I keep one of each of the A5 buffers on hand for tuning new uppers, but find most of the time the A5H2 is the ticket.

A5H0- 3.8 oz CAR- 3.0 oz
    A5H1- 4.56 oz H1- 3.8 oz
    A5H2- 5.33 oz H2- 4.6 oz
    A5H3- 6.08 oz H3- 5.5 oz
    A5H4- 6.83 oz

Just don't ever run a standard buffer in an A5 RE. When we were taming my nephew's 10.5" PSA, he accidentally grabbed the H2 buffer off my tailgate instead of the A5H2. The shorter buffer in the longer tube caused the rear of the gas key on the BCG to slam into the back of the lower receiver. Luckily no real damage other than to his ego.
    Interesting. Good to know. This gun just has a standard carbine receiver extension and buffer spring at the moment. I figured either an H3 and/or a Sprinco blue buffer spring would be the easiest way to tame its Holland tunnel size gas port. Will consider the A5s in the future though, they always did seem pretty appealing.

Interesting. Good to know. This gun just has a standard carbine receiver extension and buffer spring at the moment. I figured either an H3 and/or a Sprinco blue buffer spring would be the easiest way to tame its Holland tunnel size gas port. Will consider the A5s in the future though, they always did seem pretty appealing.
    you can fine tune the rifle with one of these, explore the configuration menu on the right:

https://blackrivertactical.ecwid.com...ine-p103167251

I wanted to pull the FSB on his and measure the gas port but I just never did. It was downright violent with the carbine buffer and spring of unknown origin that PSA supplied.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Thanks!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    ...and they’re gone.

The easiest way to fix your oversized gas port is with a BRT EZ Tune gas tube.

You can install a heavier buffer & spring, but the AR will still be over gassed
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

User Tag List