Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: LAW folder

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I was using those for awhile and while I never had any issues myself, did see a few reports of them loosening so I pulled them off and have gone back to a standard end plate and castle nut. Sorry, I don't remember where I saw that but the risk wasn't worth the slight convenience at that point.
    Thanks, I'll be keeping an eye out for the one I just installed. I had a QD endplate fail the other day. So I ran down to the LGS, and the only thing they had was the PWS, so I grabbed it

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Thanks, I'll be keeping an eye out for the one I just installed. I had a QD endplate fail the other day. So I ran down to the LGS, and the only thing they had was the PWS, so I grabbed it

I want to say that "most" of the failures I read about were from people that had used the ratcheting end plates more than once. I can definitely see how that could cause wear that could lead to failure.

That was disappointing to me because I actually picked it so I could use it on a pistol build with a LAW folder while I waited on my tax stamp and was hoping to be able to change from a pistol to carbine RE easily once it was approved.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I want to say that "most" of the failures I read about were from people that had used the ratcheting end plates more than once. I can definitely see how that could cause wear that could lead to failure.
    Yeah, PWS doesn't state that the unit is "reusable", rather that it's a substitute for staking.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Yeah, PWS doesn't state that the unit is "reusable", rather that it's a substitute for staking.
    Well, that kind of sucks. It doesn’t appear that PWS sells replacement end plates.
    The one I ordered hasn’t arrived yet... does it use an ordinary end plate, and just the ratcheting castle nut is “special”? Or are they a matched set?

they are matched, but I bet you could use a regular castle nut with the endplate

Site Supporter
    Black ones in stock at MGW, $239

Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    Nephew has one. It's aluminum, which didn't work well on the first gen LAW folders. Lockup is kinda sloppy, it sticks out further from the back of the receiver than a LAW folder, and it leaves like a half inch gap between the folding mechanism and the receiver. He's not thrilled with it, but he's young and poor.

Back in stock...

FYI - for those looking for/needing one...

Law Tactical Folding Stock Adapter in stock at Brownells at $259.99.

Current discount code "MZA" = $20 off $250; code is valid/works as of 12/11/2020, 1750 hours CST.

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...53-151465.aspx

Site Supporter

Availability?

Brownells is now out of stock. Has anyone found them in stock elsewhere recently?

User Tag List