Thread: P320 Polymer80 Grip Module

P320 Polymer80 Grip Module

https://www.polymer80.com/pistol-fra...-grip-module-1

I tried the WC module - for some 50 rounds or so. A local shooter had one and he allowed me to swap my chassis into his module. It feels _super_ weird. It may enhance scores, but since I'm not a serious competitor, I don't care too much.

My biggest beef with the WC module is that it feels like holding one of those California-compliant AR-15 where extend the pistol grip. I just don't like it.

The P80 module seems like a straight grip like a modern 1911. I'm interested.

The standard factory module is too round for me. It feels good in the hand but I've found it somewhat hard to draw. By that I mean it is difficult to get a tactile reference on the grip when drawing from the holster.

The X series is better and is more blocky and rectangular. I have changed my 9 over to the X and wish SIG would make an X module for the 45 chassis. Unlikely but it would be nice.

So anyway, I'm guessing the 80 module probably feels close to the X module. Maybe P80 will make a version for the 45. I'll send them an email to ask about future offerings.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    The standard factory module is too round for me. … Maybe P80 will make a version for the 45. I'll send them an email to ask about future offerings.
    Those mirror my observations as well, the default is just too round. I'm currently running an X grip cut to take compact magazines and a full length slide.

I hope that nobody produces one in 45 as I'll go broke buying new P320's. In my mind 10+1 is a perfectly reasonable capacity for a defensive pistol.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

If they really wanted to tap into something they should find a way to make a heavier module. If they can find a way to make one weighted similar to how the X5 Legion is without it costing the $300 Sig is asking for just the module people with standard P320 or even regular X series will probably want that.

Brownells finally shipped my (pre)order. The modules were ostensibly available at the P80 website, at a fractionally higher price, but I was too stingy for that. I'll post pictures when I get it in and test it.

Name:  p80p320.jpg
Views: 1658
Size:  43.2 KB

It's huge. I feel like I'm holding a Coonan. And the front feels blocky, although not as bad as the Gen2 P80 P80 (feels weird to write it, but here we are). Also, the knuckle buster on the bottom of the trigger guard is as bad on the SIG module as on the Glock module. I had to file it down on the original, but this one is okay. No doubt they were trying to make it compatible with SIG holsters, so thanks for small favours.

Took it to the range, and the tail developed a wobble. Looks like the tail needs to be shimmed.

User Tag List