Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: M&P357 feedback?

Also, for anyone interested, there's some talk regarding the round and .357SIG-chambered handguns on this older PF thread:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ghlight=357sig

As well as this one:

How Effective Is Pistol Ammo at 100 Yards? - Lucky Gunner Lounge
    https://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/h...-at-100-yards/
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    They didn’t make a ton of them, and at one point were just making them for LE agencies. I bought an agency overrun gun that one of my local dealers got in 2010 or so. I never shot it much.

North Carolina State Highway Patrol switched to them, but had problems, and ended up going back to Sig.

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/no...uns/335118657/
    ^^^This is true. That round is hell on a polymer gun...they switched back to Sig, this time in a 226 in the same caliber. They had extractor issues with the 226’s to begin with then there were trigger bar issues.

Now NCSHP is switching/transitioning to the 320...same caliber. COVID19 has temporarily stopped that transition.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I hadn't gotten that far in the thought process. Like 124g NATO spec stuff?

Yes, I don't think having that third point of contact should be underestimated at all.
    Nato and plus P are usually equivalent though +P duty ammo usually has better QC / consistency and thus better accuracy.

I have no ammo related issues ringing B/C steel at 100 yards with an RDS pistol and our +p Gold Dot 9mm duty ammo using an upper half / chest hold.

TX DPS was initially going to transition from .357 to a Winchester +P+ load but I believe they are now using the same Hornady 135 grain +P load as the FBI.

I have a new 357 barrel for my 40c, but I’ve never even installed it. I picked it up right when I was switching back to a Glock from a ten year dalliance with M&Ps... and ended up with a 33 to scratch the compact 357 itch.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post

Now NCSHP is switching/transitioning to the 320...same caliber. COVID19 has temporarily stopped that transition.
    Can't wait to see how the 320 holds up to 357,

or not

cc

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Can't wait to see how the 320 holds up to 357,

or not

cc

They’re definitely holding the line on that caliber. When they started the switch a month or so ago I jokingly told the Trooper not to drop the 320. “They fixed that...” was the retort. Lol.

They’re heavily vested in the caliber as far as ammo is concerned as well. If they didn’t order any .357 Sig ammo for a couple years they’d be ok. Not joking.

They’re also selling/trading their (almost new) Beretta 1301s for Sig M400’s. Not that I have a problem with shelving the gauges but they’re taking a hell of a hit in trade in value over what they paid for them new. Not to mention that License and Theft had issues with their M400’s after they got theirs. Sig corrected the issue but still... Not to mention Lawmen’s is making a killing.

There is no communication (go figure) between some State agencies.

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post

They’re definitely holding the line on that caliber. When they started the switch a month or so ago I jokingly told the Trooper not to drop the 320. “They fixed that...” was the retort. Lol.

They’re heavily vested in the caliber as far as ammo is concerned as well. If they didn’t order any .357 Sig ammo for a couple years they’d be ok. Not joking.

They’re also selling/trading their (almost new) Beretta 1301s for Sig M400’s. Not that I have a problem with shelving the gauges but they’re taking a hell of a hit in trade in value over what they paid for them new. Not to mention that License and Theft had issues with their M400’s after they got theirs. Sig corrected the issue but still... Not to mention Lawmen’s is making a killing.

There is no communication (go figure) between some State agencies.
    It's been years since I last talked to some troopers, but they made it clear that .357 was here to stay. They had some good results with it.

In fact it's been so long that I didn't even know they had 1301's. I believe they were transitioning to SW AR's. Guess they gave those up when they ditched the M&P ?

cc

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    It's been years since I last talked to some troopers, but they made it clear that .357 was here to stay. They had some good results with it.

In fact it's been so long that I didn't even know they had 1301's. I believe they were transitioning to SW AR's. Guess they gave those up when they ditched the M&P ?

cc
    Nope, they still have them and are issuing out the last few. If you have Facebook look at their last Academy range days from March 11, 2020 and you’ll see the M&P Rifle is still being issued. I don’t know when they will start with the M400’s but they’ll be moving to that platform.

"Not to mention Lawmen’s is making a killing."

Any idea who they are reselling the 1301s through?!

User Tag List