Thread: HK VP9 RMR screws?

HK VP9 RMR screws?

Has anyone mounted an RMR or HOLOsun on an optics ready VP9?

Did the factory RMR screws fit the #2 optics plate? If not, what screws did you use?

Our range was just allowed to reopen, so I was trying to mount my RMR, and the screws appear too wide. They engage less than a thread.

Thanks.

Hello, I double check but pretty sure I used the screws that came installed in the plate. I put a holosun 407v2 on my VP9 OR last week. So far so good.

Quote Originally Posted by spj View Post
    Hello, I double check but pretty sure I used the screws that came installed in the plate. I put a holosun 407v2 on my VP9 OR last week. So far so good.
    Thanks. I sent HK USA and email and got a number to call. Was on hold long enough I had to stop for a meeting. Will try again Monday morning.

I've used the screws I have with an RMR mount for a Ruger Mark IV, so I'm expecting a new plate... someday.

I mounted a Holosun HS507C to my Optics Ready HK VP9 using the screws that came with the Holosun to mount the sight to the plate, after mounting the plate to the pistol with the existing screws that came with the pistol. The OR HK VP9 is cleverly engineered with clearance for the screws to protrude thru the plate.
    “Safety is nice, but it’s not first. Life is first and it’s not safe.”— Jeff Cooper

So, I wished I'd found some of the screw size threads earlier. Was working too much I guess.

HK-USA said the screw I sent was 6-40, not 6-32 which is supposed to come with RMRs. But as far as I can tell all four screws I have are the original ones. Weird. Wish they'd just asked me to check the screw sizes.

Anyway, I'm off to order 6-32 screws.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tod-13 View Post
    So, I wished I'd found some of the screw size threads earlier. Was working too much I guess.

HK-USA said the screw I sent was 6-40, not 6-32 which is supposed to come with RMRs. But as far as I can tell all four screws I have are the original ones. Weird. Wish they'd just asked me to check the screw sizes.

Anyway, I'm off to order 6-32 screws.
    www.mcmaster.com is your very solid friend on this need.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Site Supporter
    I'm running a #2 plate with a Holosun 407c - it comes with 2 lengths of screws. The first set I grabbed got full engagement, and it's rock solid at 2,000 rounds so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    www.mcmaster.com is your very solid friend on this need.
    Absolutely!!!

I purchased a bunch of screws from them, spoke to some knowledgeable people including ^ this guy ^ and my department is going to be using their alloy steel screws exclusively to T&E optics. I’m gonna see how they do in real high round counts. I’ve also installed them in most of my optic guns.

User Tag List