Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: RFI Ram Rebel

Site Supporter
    I am in a similar situation - I have a 2015 Ram 1500 4x4 Laramie (HEMI of course!) - and I am thinking up trading in on a 2020 Ram 1500. I would probably go for "luxury" over "sport" so I would probably get a Laramie or similar package.

I have over 90000 miles on my 2015 Ram 1500. Had a recent issue where the engine went down with a minor issue but that was covered with the 100,000 drive train warranty. Had to replace the center video screen again under warranty. The Ram has served us well and had somewhat hard life as my wife tool it over as soon as I bought and it she enjoyed the HEMI (I understand why she wanted me to get the nicer truck).

I am also considering a Suburban, Yukon XL, or Expedition. This would be my retirement vehicle for going to Sporting Clays, rifle and pistol shoots, hunting, and travel. We like our 2019 Subaru Outback 3.6R but it may not be "big enough" for me, wife, 2 dogs, and stuff.

PS: We bought the Subaru on 0% financing - prepared to pay cash but why at 0%. We bought the Ram at almost 0% financing.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I'd tell Dave Ramsey to pound sand. /

I take all financial gurus with a grain of salt unless I've vetted them.
    Same. I was ready to pay cash, but financed 100% of my '17 Silverado (at 2.7%) and made substantially more than that investing. Well, until I lost it all last month.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    Dave Ramsey says don't do it.
    Whos that and why does he have input on my finances?

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I am also considering a Suburban, Yukon XL, or Expedition. This would be my retirement vehicle for going to Sporting Clays, rifle and pistol shoots, hunting, and travel. We like our 2019 Subaru Outback 3.6R but it may not be "big enough" for me, wife, 2 dogs, and stuff.
    My wife wanted a 4Runner. But I always liked Tahoes and Yukons, I said let's see what those are running these days. Checked the price, and told her to buy whatever 4Runner you want. Damn, a loaded Tahoe costs more than our first house.

Site Supporter
    My wife wanted a 4Runner. But I always liked Tahoes and Yukons, I said let's see what those are running these days. Checked the price, and told her to buy whatever 4Runner you want. Damn, a loaded Tahoe costs more than our first house.
    They will not be selling those big SUVs at sticker. In NW GA, dealers are selling full size pickups at $12000 to $18000 discounts.

Toyota isn't even hungry right now. I talked to them last Friday and today and the best they got is 1.6 for 36 months.

Quote Originally Posted by FES313 View Post
    Toyota isn't even hungry right now. I talked to them last Friday and today and the best they got is 1.6 for 36 months.
    FES, I bought my 4Runner from Jim Barkley (before the change to Anderson) for cash. If it's not zero I didn't even want to consider financing.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Dave Ramsey says don't do it.
    If you can afford the payment and you actually don't go full stupid with the options, 0% is free money no matter how you cut it.

I have a '15 Laramie. About 80K miles, 5.7L. It had some kind of power window control module replaced, valve cover gasket and broken exhaust manifold studs replaced. The exhaust manifold studs breaking seems to be a 5.7L issue going back for years if you look. Other than that just maintenance, haven't even had to do brakes. The new one is a little nicer and the back seat of the crew cab is really impressive.

I've been building trucks online lately and the Laramie packages are annoying me. Can't seem to get the 32 gallon tank in one anymore. I'd like the newer safety stuff (blind spot etc) and it doesn't seem like I can get that in the Laramie without the 5.7 with the "eTorque" and I'm not sure I want that either.

I wound up looking at the Rebels too. Kind of hate the grill. Only other drawback is that the Laramie transfer case has 2WD, 4WD and an ondemand 4WD that I use all the time in the winter. Rebel only has 2WD and 4WD. I imagine with the lift it might get a little worse mileage...

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    FES, I bought my 4Runner from Jim Barkley (before the change to Anderson) for cash. If it's not zero I didn't even want to consider financing.
    Sigh, I miss Jim Barkley.

User Tag List