Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: RFI Ram Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I have the larger tank in my '12 as well. Unfortunately the gauge isn't calibrated correctly in the earlier trucks so it will show nearly empty once you get to an actual 1/4 tank and then hover there forever. I'm one of those folks who gets edgy when my tank reads under half so I tend to treat it like a big reserve tank.

The only things that bother me on the truck is the headlights were weak and the fuel gauge. The headights I rectified with some aftermarket bulbs (Philips Xtra vision, IIRC) and adjusting them up a touch. I know they are aimed a bit low from the factory so that when the rear end settles under a load you aren't illuminating the moon but since I pretty much never have more than 500-ish pounds in the bed and am normally empty I didn't need that. The gauge I'm just stuck with, Chrysler won't update the software on the older trucks. If your gauge is inaccurate and you have a truck new enough to have the 8 speed transmission there is a TSB that will address and correct it, though.
    Mine seems to show "E" with about 5 gallons left, so I'm fine with that. I also get antsy below 1/2 so it's not a super huge issue, and I have a pretty good sense on the tripometer to refill at 300 miles (which is over half a tank but whatever). FWIW, my fuel sensor is going bad and now the truck is telling me I'm empty, then full, then "actual"...

I thought it was just my shitty eyes with the bulbs. I'll look into those for sure, thanks!

FWIW, my passenger side tail light just went out. First light I can recall losing in the 4+ years I've had the truck.

ETA:
    Looks like there's an Extreme vision!
    https://www.amazon.com/Philips-Visio...25&sr=8-1&th=1

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post

ETA:
    Looks like there's an Extreme vision!
    https://www.amazon.com/Philips-Visio...25&sr=8-1&th=1
    That's the ones. They made a noticeable difference, especially for reading street signs and the like at night. They aren't difficult to install, and despite what Youtube says you don't have to take the grill off *if* you have a decent length extension. I undid the top of the grill, leaned it out a little, and that was plenty.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

I'm curious to hear details on this. Is it just about the room, or something else? Understanding that a 2014 to a 2020 is a bit of an applesrangutans...

Details ion my preference for the Ram Rebel (2020) vs. the Ford Raptor (2014). Mostly personal preferences.

Ram gets about 15% better mileage

Ram seats are significantly more comfortable and cabin is quieter

Not certain this would be backed up by actual statistics, but the Ram seems to have more head and shoulder room

Rear cabin on the Ram has better (and flatter) storage area, and also has in floor storage area inside each rear door

The highway ride on the Ram is better, in my opinion

I prefer the Ram UConnect system (also supports Apple Car Play and Android Auto) to the Ford Sync system

The Ram has a smaller turning radius

One friend of mine got his wife a Ram Rebel last fall, he got a great deal on it at a small dealer outside Columbus, Oh. weird thing was, the Rebel and one Challenger were the only vehicles on the entire lot that day with any color to them. Everything else was white, black, silver, or gray. Kind of depressing.

We picked it up and I drove it back to Toledo. If I didn't have major back and knee issues, I would probably have one too, but I get by with this. To be honest, I love it.
    Name:  nCAGtw.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  64.2 KB

After the first friend bought the Rebel, another friend drove it and he got a blue one, just in time before Da Ent Off Da Verlt. Both are pretty much identical with the Hemi and the godlike 8 speed auto. Only thing would make them better would be if they put the engine from my car into them.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemiram View Post
    Both are pretty much identical with the Hemi and the godlike 8 speed auto. Only thing would make them better would be if they put the engine from my car into them.
    https://www.caranddriver.com/ram/1500-rebel-trx

We expect the Rebel TRX to be powered by a supercharged 6.2-liter V-8, more widely known as the Hellcat engine. It currently makes between 707 to 717 horsepower and 650 lb-ft of torque.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Something else that I was just reminded of that maybe some people don’t know if you haven’t been to the dealership yet and are only in the build-and-price phase...

When I was shopping I was looking at all of the full-size trucks: Ram, Chevy, GMC, Ford, and Toyota. What I found was that they all differed in how far under MSRP you could get them, and that list is my order from most saved to least under the build-and-price number. Ram, and Dodge in general, seems to always have a huge discount under MSRP, and Toyota seems to generally have almost none.

So if you’re thinking “I can afford a $50k truck with 0% payments” you may find that you can build-and-price a Ram up close to $60k and still walk out the door for your target number.

My order above was true pretty much across multiple dealerships. GMC seems to be thought of as a premium Chevy and so they seemed to have less of a discount. Ford seems to know that they are still the #1 seller and therefore don’t need the discount. Toyota just doesn’t seem to care.
    Last edited by rob_s; 04-10-2020 at 07:59 AM.

I really regret not finding a Grand Cherokee with the 5.7
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Something else that I was just reminded of that maybe some people don’t know if you haven’t been to the dealership yet and are only in the build-and-price phase...

When I was shopping I was looking at all of the full-size trucks: Ram, Chevy, GMC, Ford, and Toyota. What I found was that they all differed in how far under MSRP you could get them, and that list is my order from most saved to least under the build-and-price number. Ram, and Dodge in general, seems to always have a huge discount under MSRP, and Toyota seems to generally have almost none.

So if you’re thinking “I can afford a $50k truck with 0% payments” you may find that you can build-and-price a Ram up close to $60k and still walk out the door for your target number.

My order above was true pretty much across multiple dealerships. GMC seems to be thought of as a premium Chevy and so they seemed to have less of a discount. Ford seems to know that they are still the #1 seller and therefore don’t need the discount. Toyota just doesn’t seem to care.
    Agreed - my exact experience. Ram and Ford had by far the highest discounts when I shopped. Ford has that "best selling truck" selling phrase and they seem to aggressively sell F150s near end of year.

Damn I shouldnt have looked at the dealer sites... this is REALLY TEMPTING...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

User Tag List