Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Self Improvement During Quarantine

Quote Originally Posted by ER_STL View Post
    Actually the opposite if you don't take the lipase supplement with each meal.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    In my younger days while supplementing protein via meal replacements like Myoplex, I was dropping wrenches. Then I learned about the magic of fiber. Today I probably eat more vegetables and beans in one day than most do in a week. The morning 615am is always on time. Not that you asked...

To contribute to the thread, I have a variety of things on which I'd like to work and I'm more successful with some than others. I'm fortunate enough to have a basement full of workout equipment so I've been able to maintain my current level of fitness despite not having access to our gym where I work. In regards to personal and professional development, I've simply not been disciplined enough to prioritize those.

Site Supporter
    Going to try the twenty pull-ups challenge. First week is complete, and my initial test was about 12 consecutive pull ups. Other physical goals are to get at least some level of cardio done three times a week. Whether that's just a long walk, a jog or some jump rope.

Beyond that, I'm doing more sous vide cooking and more pressure cooking.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I can second this. I’ve been waiting on SpaceX to contact me regarding my contributions to jet propulsion.

I added the 100 push-up and 200 sit-up challenges as add on to my cardio days. Just have to pick the right cardio to stack it with. Last week I did a 60 minute KB routine and decided that pushups and sit-ups were not a fun additional. It was fine added to my BOB routine today.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....08-100-pushups

Correct. Never really done keto, but with this diet I think you do go into ketosis. I was skeptical of the claims of increased mental clarity until I experienced it myself. It’s strange and cool.
    Was doing some searching on the forum and came across your comment which struck a chord, figured I'd chime in.

I'm on keto now after eating SAD my whole life; usual story, I gained a nominal amount after getting out of the USMC, and ballooned on my last assignment where the job caused absolutely horrible sleeping patterns (awake for 36+ hours straight once or twice a pay period, only 2-3 decent nights of sleep per month) and just as bad eating habits. This is a pretty common thing in my agency, and as a result there's a TON of coworkers who did keto once they hit the same point I hit....probably much moreso than the average workplace. So, lots of inspiration/proof of concept.

It's fucking gnarly, plain and simple. I don't know if the mental clarity has hit me yet, but I'm absolutely blown away how I can easily fast for 16-20 hours without painful hunger...I don't even think I could eat 3 traditionally timed meals a day without feeling like a pig. As someone that could easily eat 3,000 calories a day before on SAD, I'm eating half that and feel full. I can't even hit the daily calorie goal that various online keto calculators pumped out for me without feeling as if I'm overeating.

p.s., I'm not some keto genie that has been doing this long term. This is how I feel after 5 days. "Keto flu" was pretty light and only last 2 days, though I guess it might be a little early to "declare victory" or whatnot. I'm waiting for someone to pinch me and wake me up, honestly.

@Kyle Reese @BaiHu, you'll probably get a kick out this.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List