Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Self Improvement During Quarantine

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    Have you done keto? How does the carnivore diet compare?

My (limited) understanding of carnivore is that it's basically keto without the vegetables. Is this a correct assumption?
    Correct. Never really done keto, but with this diet I think you do go into ketosis. I was skeptical of the claims of increased mental clarity until I experienced it myself. It’s strange and cool.
    #RESIST

Your mileage may differ, and I hope it does. But I've tried a couple of Atkins-type diets and on each of them I eventually stopped losing weight short of my goal. It's the normal adaptation process at work. But adaptation never happened when I combined a protein rich diet with intermittent fasting. It's hard for a body to adapt to "nothing", I guess.

Jason Fung's book ("The Obesity Code") was helpful in understanding the process:
    https://www.amazon.com/Obesity-Code-...6370178&sr=8-2

Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    Your mileage may differ, and I hope it does. But I've tried a couple of Atkins-type diets and on each of them I eventually stopped losing weight short of my goal. It's the normal adaptation process at work. But adaptation never happened when I combined a protein rich diet with intermittent fasting. It's hard for a body to adapt to "nothing", I guess.

Jason Fung's book ("The Obesity Code") was helpful in understanding the process:
    I never had a goal, still don’t. I’ve never worried about weight, even 22lbs ago, most people wouldn’t have considered me fat.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    It’s just meat. I will cook up some polish kielbasa sausage with a small amount of onions and peppers and eat on that for two meals easily. Snacks are cheese wheels, bacon, jerky, and pork rinds. I really can’t stress the lipase supplement enough, get that if you’re eating a lot of meat.
    Name:  27uskt.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  49.7 KB
    Name:  brick.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  76.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post

The trick to keto is the fat consumption. Roughly 80% of your diet is fat, 15% protein, 5% carbs. The fat is what complete satiates hunger but for me it's the most difficult to consume. Lots of butter, bacon, fatty meat cuts.

I dropped 50 lbs in 90 days last year, total of 60 in 120 days with the mental clarity, stamina, etc. of 25 - 30 years ago. Now I rotate through carnivore, then keto, and then only fruits/veggies for a couple of weeks.

No one would have mistaken me for skinny before that.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Wall sits (new personal record: 145 seconds)
    Mountain climbers
    Stretching of the front and back of the legs

=> Makes the legs strong. Stretching is good for the knees.

Plank (new personal record: 130 s)
    Stretching of the chest muscles (see link above)

=> Good for the upper body
    Last edited by P30; 04-08-2020 at 03:00 PM.

Student
    Here's a decent primer that helped me make my decisions.

https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/wiki/faq

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    The trick to keto is the fat consumption. Roughly 80% of your diet is fat, 15% protein, 5% carbs. The fat is what complete satiates hunger but for me it's the most difficult to consume. Lots of butter, bacon, fatty meat cuts.

I dropped 50 lbs in 90 days last year, total of 60 in 120 days with the mental clarity, stamina, etc. of 25 - 30 years ago. Now I rotate through carnivore, then keto, and then only fruits/veggies for a couple of weeks.

No one would have mistaken me for skinny before that.
    Not arguing here just saying: I've done 65% fat 25% protein and 5% carbs with success. So if someone's new and they're struggling with the fat intake (diarrhea after meals), you can drop fat, up protein and should still be in (or get into) ketosis.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    With nowhere else to go after work, I thought I'd use this extra time to get prison buff. So far I've put zero effort into that, but I have finished a bunch of projects at home for my wife. Which she thinks is way sexier than getting buff. Or so she says.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Attachment 51508Attachment 51509Attachment 51510

Working out daily and dry firing as always but somehow staying motivated with dry fire is harder.
    The G-Sight laser bullet and app have really helped my motivation, being able to see hits and track has been good for me.

User Tag List