Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Left Shooting Glock

Left Shooting Glock

Okay.... I know you all have heard this before..."my Glock shoots left..."

I picked up an old Glock that I haven't shot for a while and took it to the range yesterday. I shot great groups with it but they were all about 2" at 9 o'clock. Now before I get the trigger control..technique responses hear me out. This is not the first Glock I have had this issue with. In fact, this is probably the third gun (all Gen 3) that I have witnessed this. To zero the gun I had to move the rear sight way right in the notch. Now it shoots fine. The other Glock 17 I had with me shoots great and the rear sight is centered in the notch. Does it bother me? Well.... not really....okay...kinda' I guess... hence my post. I am more interested in learning why some guns come through this way and if there is anything to be done. Is it a lock up/locking block issue?

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieB View Post
    Okay.... I know you all have heard this before..."my Glock shoots left..."

I picked up an old Glock that I haven't shot for a while and took it to the range yesterday. I shot great groups with it but they were all about 2" at 9 o'clock. Now before I get the trigger control..technique responses hear me out. This is not the first Glock I have had this issue with. In fact, this is probably the third gun (all Gen 3) that I have witnessed this. To zero the gun I had to move the rear sight way right in the notch. Now it shoots fine. The other Glock 17 I had with me shoots great and the rear sight is centered in the notch. Does it bother me? Well.... not really....okay...kinda' I guess... hence my post. I am more interested in learning why some guns come through this way and if there is anything to be done. Is it a lock up/locking block issue?
    It's not you, I know you can shoot. There was an eariler thread (Didn't come up on the search for me) that mentioned either barrel/slide concentricity or the slide lock (take down one, not the release) or slide lock spring being the culprit. If you look straight down the barrel from the front I bet you can even see some evidence of it, if not, maybe replace the slide lock parts and see if it helps. That's what I remember reading. The SME's can chime in if I'm off base.

There were some pictures comparing barrels and you could literally see the edge of the muzzle being thinner on one side and thicker on the other.

Thanks bro'.

I didn't get anything to come in a search but I will give it another go. Was the jist that the problem can be rectified with replacement parts or was it a "just deal with it" kind of thing?

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieB View Post
    Thanks bro'.

I didn't get anything to come in a search but I will give it another go. Was the jist that the problem can be rectified with replacement parts or was it a "just deal with it" kind of thing?
    Seems like I remember from the thread most folks pushing the rear sight to the right edge like you've done. If you have another glock of the same model it would be interesting to swap the barrel and see if it centers your POI.

It bothers me that I cant find that thread. It was full of good info about this exact topic.

This must be a Utah thing, both of mine also shoot left.

The thread you are looking for is called Trigger Finger Placement vs Grip under Marksmanship.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

Site Supporter
    My late Gen3 19 and all of my Gen4 19s (3 of them) all shot far left.

Quote Originally Posted by EMC View Post
    Seems like I remember from the thread most folks pushing the rear sight to the right edge like you've done. If you have another glock of the same model it would be interesting to swap the barrel and see if it centers your POI.
    http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...ng-to-the-left

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post

Thank you for finding that.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post

My Gen 3 G17 RTF manufactured mid 2010 does as well. It took a while for me to be convinced that it wasn't me though. I had the rear sight drifted to the right some and now it's right on. My Gen 3 G19 manufactured in May of last year is displaying this as well, although to a lesser degree. This has been comfirmed on both guns, by a couple different competent pistol shooters.

User Tag List