Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Left Shooting Glock

Quote Originally Posted by EMC View Post
    or the slide lock (take down one, not the release) or slide lock spring being the culprit. If you look straight down the barrel from the front I bet you can even see some evidence of it, if not, maybe replace the slide lock parts and see if it helps.
    I'm trying to understand this, and I am not an armorer. So help me understand please. What do these parts have to do with Glocks shooting left?

Glocks always shoot left of center for me, fortunately there are choices...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    Glocks always shoot left of center for me, fortunately there are choices...
    That is true for many individuals due to hand fit and trigger issues. I am one of those who has to shoot a Glock like a Glock and not everything else to preclude this, but once those issues are addressed, there are some Individual Glocks which shoot left / high left.
    This has been noted in batches of LE guns being fired by skilled shooters / instructors.

Another weird thing is I've seen some Glocks particularly Gen 4 G17's which shoot high left with certain ammo and dead on with other Ammo. I was just discussing this with an instructor from another agency re: his agency's new SWAT guns. They have some guns where their duty load shoot POA/POI but their practice load consistently hits high left with certain individual guns.

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieB View Post
    To zero the gun I had to move the rear sight way right in the notch. Now it shoots fine. The other Glock 17 I had with me shoots great and the rear sight is centered in the notch.
    I have seen this numerous times and very frequently I can look at the gun and tell why in seconds. The front sight is either skewed or off center necessitating rear sight compensation.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    I have seen this numerous times and very frequently I can look at the gun and tell why in seconds. The front sight is either skewed or off center necessitating rear sight compensation.
    I've seen front sights "clocked" before, usually along an 11 o'clock / 5 o'clock axis - usually happens when tightening down the front if the tenon does not completely fill the hole. It is certainly a cause, but not the sole cause of guns shooting left.

I've never seen a Glock slide with the front sight hole off center but I suppose it's possible. I'd be curious to see if anyone else has seen that.

User Tag List