Thread: FYI- Crimson trace laser grip on Sale at Midway

Site Supporter

FYI- Crimson trace laser grip on Sale at Midway

FYI- Crimson trace laser grip on Sale at Midway. I just ordered several. The LG-105 laser boot grip is my favorite J Frame grip for everyday pocket carry

I assume you're talking about the Crimson Trace factory overrun sale. I got a couple last year from the same deal then.

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    FYI- Crimson trace laser grip on Sale at Midway. I just ordered several. The LG-105 laser boot grip is my favorite J Frame grip for everyday pocket carry
    Awesome! I wish the LG-405s with the overmold backstrap were similarly discounted, but the boot grip shouldn't be any worse than factory, and my 442 desperately needs the low light aiming assist these should provide.

Any recommendations or tips on best practices to use these anyone has would be appreciated.

Site Supporter
    Hmmm, I may need one for my little LCP.
    --Jason--

Site Supporter
    Mando- I suggest an offset/ parallel zero with the grip laser. That is how we did it in the Army with M4s. Apples and oranges comparison but it still applies. Think of it as similar to the close range offset of AR sights. The first grip laser I bought I zeroed it to my point of aim at 15 feet. ( the distance of the room). When I verified on the range I discovered that at closer than 15 feet it was off low right and past 15 ft it was high left. Dead on at 15 ft. I went to the parallel zero. The laser will always be a straight line; it never crosses the path of the bullet but at 25 yards and in the laser is never far from the point of impact and point of aim. When I draw and index my finger off the trigger on the frame; my trigger finger blocks the laser. (Right handed) when on target my finger goes to the trigger and now the laser is visible. When I am using the sights I don’t see the laser, the sights block it. In the daylight I don’t look for the laser ; I just use the sights ( the dot is faint and hard to see in bright sunlight) In low light I look over the sights to see the laser. It is amazing the hits you get in low light with the laser. If your trigger skills are good I think you will be pleased with the laser. If you aren’t satisfied with your accuracy in the daylight a laser will not help that much.
    Last edited by Poconnor; 04-16-2020 at 08:26 AM.

User Tag List