Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kramer IWB #3

Site Supporter

Kramer IWB #3

Kramer holsters is running a 20% of sale right now. I'm looking at the #3 IWB
    https://www.kramerleather.com/collec.../iwb-3-holster

I'm thinking this would ride in front of the hip. That seems to be the best spot for my body type. Pure AIWB does not work for me bit to much gut I think.

I know that Kramer makes good holsters, just wondering,if anybody has experience with this model?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I have one for a 5 inch 1911. Fit,finish and workmanship is fine but it has a lot more cant than I like so it has not been used much.

I carried a Glock 17 in a Kramer #3 just behind the hip for probably 5 years until I went AIWB.
    Great holster.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I carried a Glock 17 in a Kramer #3 just behind the hip for probably 5 years until I went AIWB.
    Great holster.
    So do you think it would work in front of the hip?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    So do you think it would work in front of the hip?

Thanks

Hard to say because it all depends on body shape.
    The forward tilt would make the grip stick way out on me due to my bony hips, flat belly and over developed obliques from kettlebell swings.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

This thread might cost me.
    #RESIST

Kramers in general are superbly built and may outlive you.

That model was massively popular in the 90s when I worked in gun shops, and for good reason. Double check the rake—it may not work forward of the hip bone.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    You would probably want a #5 or #1 1/2 if you are going to wear it on or in front of the hip. The cant on the #3 makes it a little weird to grab when worn on or in front of the hip.

Not only would the #3 be an awkward draw, it’s point the barrel right into your leg which wouldn’t be comfortable.

Site Supporter
    Thanks for the responses everyone!
    Great to have folks with first hand experience.

User Tag List