Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Safariland ALS v GLS OWB Holster for Training/War Belt

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    The GLS feels odd to me. I tried one with a 17 for a couple months and couldn’t get used to it. Was prone to not activating the release.

I haven’t used an ALS with a 1911 but have with an M9. It takes a little practice to actuate the safety consistently. I think adding the nub mentioned earlier would work really well with a 1911.

What ever you decide I would be interested in what you find out works for you.
    I had a similar experience with my 537 GLS for my P229R in that it didn’t seem nearly as intuitive to release. Perhaps I was overthinking it. I’d go with an ALS, but have no experience with a 1911 to know if the ALS release could mentally complicate working the safety on the draw.

Name:  KIMG0662_JPG-1161440.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  26.7 KB

Site Supporter
    Doe you push the ALS release forward or pull in toward the back and the thumb safety?

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Doe you push the ALS release forward or pull in toward the back and the thumb safety?
    Back.

I always add a 6006 ALS guard to my holsters, it functions like a button safety cover. That rotates forward to expose the ALS release button which gets thumbed to the rear on draw. It’s very intuitive.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List