Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warren Glock sights on sale

Warren Glock sights on sale

Noticed a few Glock sights for the G42/43/48 were half price.

https://warrentactical.com/product/g...c-front-sight/

Excellent price.

Can anyone who has used provide feedback?

Thanks in advance.

-Rainman

I got more of my favorite .140 wide tritium sights. My old eyes see them better than any other sight I've tried. The white shows up better than orange or yellow.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post

Thanks in advance.
    I've been very happy with Warren sights. I prefer the Sevigny Carry version; they are less shirt rending than the wave version (in Hopeton's post). I've used the two dot version (straight 8) and the fiber optic front and black rear. The front sights tend toward the narrow, 0.125" for the tritium and ~0.110" for fiber. I don't remember what the rear notch is, but it is narrower than the Ameriglo ~0.180".

I think of the six or so sets that I have installed, maybe one needed fitting. The rest went in with a sight pusher and have not drifted. These were all Glock sights. I have not used the others.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    Excellent price.

Thanks in advance.

-Rainman
    I have a set like that on a M&P 2.0 Compact 9mm - like them very much.

Quote Originally Posted by EricP View Post
    I've been very happy with Warren sights. I prefer the Sevigny Carry version; they are less shirt rending than the wave version (in Hopeton's post). I've used the two dot version (straight 8) and the fiber optic front and black rear. The front sights tend toward the narrow, 0.125" for the tritium and ~0.110" for fiber. I don't remember what the rear notch is, but it is narrower than the Ameriglo ~0.180".

I think of the six or so sets that I have installed, maybe one needed fitting. The rest went in with a sight pusher and have not drifted. These were all Glock sights. I have not used the others.
    Unless things have changed, the front sight on the fibers will be .115. I believe the rear notch on the standard warren is .150 in size but I could be wrong on the sub compact glocks.

The only downside to warrens is that they tend to destroy shirts in short order. The corners are VERY sharp and really could do with a very minor radius. Granted, the sight picture is about as crisp as can be so that's a trade off that the end user is going to have to come to terms with.

For that price, its a no brainer. Its an excellent set of very well made sights.

Thanks to those who provided feedback. Ordered a set for my G48.

-Rainman

Thanks

I appreciate the heads-up. I ordered at set of the two-dots for $65.

I really like Warren Wave sights and have them on a couple pistols. Completely agree that they are sharp as hell though.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Warren Sevigny's have been my favorite for years. For me at least, they strike a great balance of having clean, square, angles as well as being tall enough that you get more "data" through your sights.

I prefer .115" x .215" fronts since most of my stuff is G17 or smaller frame size. The .245" height are usually for G17L, 24, 34, 35, 40, 41 (not sure if I'm missing any). Typically .215" works for most others under those sizes.
    For rears, I've used the .150" notch for years, but in the past few years I've really taken a liking to the .130" notch with .115" fronts. Those make it much easier, for me at least, once you get out to 25yds+.

For the Sevigny's specifically, I made a cheat sheet for sizes and options. Beware, they list different SKUs for G42/43/43X/48 fronts, but I'm not sure if there's an actual difference since the dimensions match certain others.

Warren Sevigny Front Sights:

Measurements in inches. Plain or fiber fronts are ramped and serrated. Tritium fronts are smooth.
    Width Height Style
    .115 .185 Plain or Fiber
    .115 .215 Plain, Fiber, or G42/43/43X/48 (Fiber)
    .115 .245 Plain or Fiber
    .125 .185 Plain or Tritium
    .125 .215 Plain, Tritium, or G42/43/43X/48 (Plain, Tritum)
    .125 .245 Plain or Tritium
    .125 .300 Plain
    .140 .215 Large Dot Tritium
    .140 .245 Large Dot Tritium

Warren Sevigny Rear Sights:

All rears are .250" high. Competition is sharp. Carry has a slight bevel on rear edges.
    Notch Height Style
    .150 .230 G42/43/43X/48 Carry + Yellow Tritium
    .130 .250 Competition
    .150 .250 Competition, Carry, or Carry + Yellow Tritium
    .150 .350 Adjustable Competition

For Warren's remaining non-Sevigny rear sights for Glock, the G42/43/43X/48's have a few other options:
    • .160x.230 Plain, 1 or 2 Yellow Tritium dots (1 dot is listed as .233" but probably a typo)

Other non-Sevigny's for larger than the G42/43/43X/48:
    • .160x.250 Plain, 1 or 2 Yellow Tritium dots
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

User Tag List