Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: G&A Editorial

Speaking of accomplishment, the feeling when you win a match, post a sub 5 FAST, shoot a baller 25 yard B8, etc using a gun that you built/customized with ammo that you made is exciting.

Conversely if you lose a match because "whats a case gauge". That can be hilariously devastating...Really though case gauge you ammo people

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I reload because I like to shoot and I can do a lot more shooting on the same dollar. However, I don't like to reload, I find it a pain in the ass. It is a cost savings, no matter what round you're reloading. I don't care how cheap 9mm has been, my costs have always been reduced at least by half so it is worthwhile. There are other rounds I simply couldn't afford to shoot much of if I didn't reload them. Since 'rona came to town I haven't had any trouble getting components, either from my local suppliers or on-line bullets manufacturers. If I was dependent on factory produced ammo I'd be in trouble. Last week I ordered a 50 round box of .45acp Federal HSTs from the only place I could find them. After tax and shipping, I paid $60 for one box of ammo, it made me cringe.
    After reading about your HST buy, I feel fortunate to have snagged a case of .45 Ranger T two weeks ago for three bills shipped to my door...
    I do enjoy the process of reloading and, due to a big estate buy I did last fall, I will have enough components for the cartridges I load or am planning to start loading for years. Literally thousands of handgun bullets and .223/.30 rifle bullets. Pounds of powders. Not many primers, even though I have several thousand on hand. The excess is being sold off gradually and has funded several gun buys in the last nine months. Once I retire, probably soon, more time will hopefully be available for more reloading and experimentation, especially with my lever and bolt guns.

User Tag List