Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 80

Thread: Good General Purpose Shotgun

  1. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    SATX
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearqueer View Post
    Redhat,

    I’d urge you to wait until this pandemic dies down so that you can at least put hands on some samples at a LGS.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Is there any other way to buy? Seriously, I don't do online ordering for guns simply because of what you said. I need to have it in my hands to look it over. And FWIW, the last purchase I made was a G26 Gen 4. I shopped for a little over a year to find the right deal. Don't see having to do that with the shotgun though as I expect some deals will be there after all this is over.

  2. #32
    Pizzagun Dilettante Joe in PNG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Papua New Guinea; formerly Florida
    Once this is all over, prowling the used racks for a good deal on a Browning Auto 5 or Remington 12 deal might just be fun.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

  3. #33
    Site Supporter vaspence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Richmond VA
    For what the OP posted I'd recommend putting a Beretta A390 with a 26 or 28" barrel into consideration. Great shotgun for clays, etc. for the price and the couple I've owned have just run and run. And are still running for the guys I sold them to.

  4. #34
    I also give a nod to the Remington V3. If you want to get a general purpose one, you might consider the 26" in lieu of the 28" as the balance is a little further forward because of the piston system forward of the trigger group on the barrel and lack of recoil spring in the stock. This will be a better balance of upland vs waterfowl or clay shooting.

    You can also get an 18" barrel for it now and magazine extension if you want to adopt it for HD at some point.
    “There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance – that principle is contempt prior to investigation.” – Herbert Spencer

  5. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    SATX
    Quote Originally Posted by vaspence View Post
    For what the OP posted I'd recommend putting a Beretta A390 with a 26 or 28" barrel into consideration. Great shotgun for clays, etc. for the price and the couple I've owned have just run and run. And are still running for the guys I sold them to.
    Any idea what the used prices might be?

  6. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    SATX
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdog View Post
    I also give a nod to the Remington V3. If you want to get a general purpose one, you might consider the 26" in lieu of the 28" as the balance is a little further forward because of the piston system forward of the trigger group on the barrel and lack of recoil spring in the stock. This will be a better balance of upland vs waterfowl or clay shooting.

    You can also get an 18" barrel for it now and magazine extension if you want to adopt it for HD at some point.
    I don't do upland or waterfowl hunting...but I do like to shoot dove on occasion.

    Any issues with how the V3 vents out through the handguards?

  7. #37
    Old man yelling at cloud OlongJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    "carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Once this is all over, prowling the used racks for a good deal on a Browning Auto 5 or Remington 12 deal might just be fun.
    Too soon, boomer doomer!


    Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Any issues with how the V3 vents out through the handguards?
    Doesn't seem to be a problem for the 1301 and friends.
    .
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

  8. #38
    Pizzagun Dilettante Joe in PNG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Papua New Guinea; formerly Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Too soon, boomer doomer!
    An Auto 5 12ga is on my list of "missing heritage guns". Dad had one when I was a kid, but had to sell it during a bit of financial trouble long ago.
    It joins the S&W .32-20 that my grandma let rust out after my grandpa died.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

  9. #39
    Site Supporter vaspence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Richmond VA
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Any idea what the used prices might be?
    Good condition in central Virginia, $500 or so.

  10. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    SATX
    Quote Originally Posted by vaspence View Post
    Good condition in central Virginia, $500 or so.
    That might work depending on condition...but they're mighty proud of their guns down here in San Antonio.

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •