Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738

Thread: 2012-2013 pistol-training.com Endurance Test Gun ANNOUNCED!

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    waiting for the update, can hardly contain self

That gif is cracking me up.

According to pistol-training.com

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG
    50 rounds of Blazer and 25 rounds of HST through each with no problems so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG
    650 through “Green Grip,” no stoppages. It’s the new test gun. I’m carrying it at dinner now.

550 through “Grey Grip,” also no stoppages. It’s the backup.

I will try to get video dual wielding tomorrow just for you guys.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

BRB, making dual 1911 cod piece.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Can I suggest a new thread? Now that the gun(s) have arrived instead of just being announced.... might be an easier way to concentrate all the range trip reports, feedback, videos, etc.

With that said, watching that 1.3x 1st round time- hot damn!

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    How do the prior posts affect that? I'm just not following...

A 1.30 draw to a giant target (essentially about 3/4 the size of an entire IPSC or IDPA target) at 5yd isn't that spectacular. Establishing my grip and dealing with the thumb safety are still just different enough that it's slowing me down a bit.
    Oh, my thinking was there is 30 pages of "oh my goodness, a 1911?? A 9mm 1911?!?! What are the specs? When will it arrive??"

Now that they're here and running, a new thread good contain the actual saga of their testing versus the initial 37 pages of thread which is a lot of the above. Of course there's good info in there too, but it might be an easier way to jump to seeing your actual results, feedback, etc if it started on page 1 of a thread titled "2012-2013 pistol-training.com Endurance Test Gun - Springfield 9mm 1911" or something to that effect.

Does that clarify my thinking? (And of course, it could be that my thinking is off base, not my explanation thereof! )

We are diminished
    Jason F -- I hear you. As SkyLine1 said, the real results are put up on my website. You're correct, though, that someone who decides to learn about it by reading from page 1 of this thread is going to have an... interesting... time of it.

Site Supporter
    In addition to the official PTC gun log, located at: http://pistol-training.com/archives/...field-1911-9mm

The PTC test gun thread has been split, so the announcement and ongoing performance are located in 2 different threads:
    http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...field-9mm-1911

User Tag List