Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 pistol-training.com Endurance Test Gun ANNOUNCED!

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    That will not be the case this time...
    No lie!

Actually a certain level of personal disconnect on my part might make the test all the more interesting, from an academic point of view.

I may have missed it elsewhere in the thread, but did you ever say when you expected to get these things and begin?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I may have missed it elsewhere in the thread, but did you ever say when you expected to get these things and begin?
    No. They're being built now. Once that is complete, they'll fly to my favorite local gun shop here in Maryland where the State will take a couple of weeks to determine my worthiness to own more firearms.

I'm hoping to have them next month. But I've had no such commitment from Springfield or Warren, it's just crossing my fingers and hoping for the best.

I still think the DA/SA is the cat's meow. I shot JV's P226 with SRT a bit at Rogers and holy cow, I miss that. In fact, if I hadn't gone with the Springfield there's a good chance I'd be shooting a P229R SRT for the next year instead. I also might have considered a P30 V3 with Gray Guns trigger work for a reduced reset.

As for capacity, that was one of the hardest things to accept when deciding to do the 1911 test. Rationally, I feel that 11rd in the gun is probably enough. But it's not nearly as "enough" as 16-18. Given the realities of what I'm likely to face in my life, it's suboptimal but likely adequate. Higher capacity lets me hedge my bets, whereas this will be removing some of the margin of error. If I end up dead because of it, well, hey, at least it means I won the internet debate!
    Nah, it just means we get to rehash a number of old internet debates: "If only he had been using a .45...." "He should have done a Tactical Reload...." "Why you need to adjust your tactics to reflect your capacity...." etc.!
    "PLAN FOR YOUR TRAINING TO BE A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE INSTEAD OF HOPING THAT REAL LIFE WILL BE A REFLECTION OF YOUR TRAINING!"

No. They're being built now.
    That may be the single biggest lie in the custom 1911 world -- so much so, that my 1911 shop has t shirts printed with "they are on the bench," across the back. I think the longest outstanding firearm order I have, is a deposit in for two Richard Heinie pistols from April 2000.

On the other hand, clever fellow that you are, Todd, you may be using the 2012-2013 Test gig as a way to actually get a few custom 1911 pistols built on a timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I think the longest outstanding firearm order I have, is a deposit in for two Richard Heinie pistols from April 2000.
    Woah, woah, woah, stop the clock. You mean you're still waiting on them???
    "A good shooter with a weak body and weak mind will lose against one who has the physical ability to crush him, and the mental ability to do it repeatedly"
    -Kyle Defoor

Quote Originally Posted by F-Trooper05 View Post
    Woah, woah, woah, stop the clock. You mean you're still waiting on them???
    Yeah, no kidding... that's a "Duke Nukem II" wait time...

J.Ja
    Owner/President of Titanium Crowbar, LLC

We are diminished
    That may be the single biggest lie in the custom 1911 world
    Warren's relationship with Springfield Custom is extremely tight. He worked directly with them for years on the FBI SWAT & HRT guns as well as his own competition guns. In addition, the whole idea of going with the Warren production run was Springfield Custom's recommendation after they quoted me delivery of actual custom guns and I balked.

Like I said, at this moment I've had no commitment from anyone as to delivery other than it will be substantially sooner than the earliest they could promise full house custom guns. I do know that I wanted a change in mine from the regular spec -- I didn't want the front strap checkering -- and the guns are too far along to do that.

That may be the single biggest lie in the custom 1911 world -- so much so, that my 1911 shop has t shirts printed with "they are on the bench," across the back. I think the longest outstanding firearm order I have, is a deposit in for two Richard Heinie pistols from April 2000.
    You win. I've been on Ned's wait list only since July 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    You guys are kidding, right?

I never imagined that wait times for guns could be measured in the decades. That's pretty outrageous, especially when you consider how much you guys shoot and the fact it will have to be rebuilt in a few years of use.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Ned does AMAZING work, so it will be worth the wait...and I think I am 7 years into a 5 year wait with him : )

As for Heinie - he isn't taking any more work - EVER. It is rumored that he has said he isn't sure if he can get all of his orders done before he dies as it is.

User Tag List