Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 pistol-training.com Endurance Test Gun ANNOUNCED!

Not sure if it is rain on the parade or questioning whether or not you ran through the parade permit with a fine-toothed comb, crossed the Ts and dotted the...

...lower-case Js.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

All joking aside, are you really excited for this years test or is it just one of those cases of having a shiny new toy? I am a little indiffernt about the choice of pistol, but compared to any of the other test guns, are you more or less excited about the 1911 9mm? Either way, I hope that it all goes well and I am excited to see the results. These tests are always a lot of fun to follow and it is nice to get so much information recorded about a particular gun. Hope you have a lot of fun tomorrow!

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by Lot2Learn View Post
    All joking aside, are you really excited for this years test or is it just one of those cases of having a shiny new toy?

Well played Sir! Glad to hear it. ETA: I don't care who you are, that there's just funny

Quote Originally Posted by Lot2Learn View Post
    All joking aside, are you really excited for this years test or is it just one of those cases of having a shiny new toy?
    I am interested in the guns and this test only as a very interesting story and nothing that would apply to my own shooting, at least in the near future. Having said that, I am totally excited for this test to begin, and for him. No homo
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

If it's OK to ask could you see how much weight the triggers hold at the beginning and what they hold after a lot of use.Some 1911 triggers lighten up 1/4 to 1/2 pounds and become very smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    If it's OK to ask could you see how much weight the triggers hold at the beginning and what they hold after a lot of use.Some 1911 triggers lighten up 1/4 to 1/2 pounds and become very smooth.
    Oh, good question. I'm curious to see what they measured brand new.

Quote Originally Posted by blr View Post
    Except today, solid triggers are en vogue. Because, you know, operators can get twigs and stuff into those holes, which can cause a KA-BOOM!
    ... oooorrr skeleton triggers are useless and hideous. Also most skeleton triggers have a fairly wide pad, the wider the pad the longer the tigger feels and the more room for learning an incorrect trigger press or unlearning a good one. BTW no need to worry about twigs if your safeties (including the number one safety your brain) are working properly.

BTW Todd thanks for trolling all the naysayers with this test. It brought me out of lurking & downloading drill targets to posting here.

waiting for the update, can hardly contain self

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

User Tag List