Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Someone please tell me me I don't want or need this

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I don't PRS, I don't DMR, no varmint hunting around me, the longest range at my club is 200yds and it's been years since I did anything other then drive by them. But this would look awesome as all get out on my 18" .223 Wylde build:

THE PREDATOR PACKAGE (QD TRIPOD MODULAR SYSTEM)

Attachment 51426
    Attachment 51428
    Attachment 51429
    There are people who shoot at 200 yds (100 yds even) who want/need a SOLID position.
    You mention "look awesome" as opposed to "shoot awesome".
    You should buy it if the "look" is your driving factor, avoid it if the "shoot" is your motivator.
    Not judging here bud but I always choose "shoot better" over "look better".

ETA: you don't need it, you may very well want it.

Oh, it would very much be a want. My “good carbine” is all business but the 18” is a range toy project. Some folks go for fancy sci-fi or video game paint jobs on their “fun guns”, I'm not opposed to attaching a tripod when sandbags or a pack would do.

But I just blew most of my fun fund on a complete lower to upgrade the good carbine so it’s a moot point now...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

No you do not want that. If you want a bipod get something like an Atlas Cal Gen 2 that will allow you to be MUCH more stable and consistent with recoil control.

User Tag List