Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Driveway security solutions

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I might get this. Looks good, thanks for posting it.
    Just in the FWIW category I will try and get out and snap some pics of how I mounted these today and post them. I was very skeptical about durability, and if mine crap out this year I will be happy that I got two good years out of them and get the same as replacements. Electronics outdoors do not always have long lifespans in this part of the world due to the stress of extreme heat/humidity in the summer and the prevalence of lighting all year long.

Then again maybe I got the best 3 they ever made...who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Just in the FWIW category I will try and get out and snap some pics of how I mounted these today and post them. I was very skeptical about durability, and if mine crap out this year I will be happy that I got two good years out of them and get the same as replacements. Electronics outdoors do not always have long lifespans in this part of the world due to the stress of extreme heat/humidity in the summer and the prevalence of lighting all year long.

Then again maybe I got the best 3 they ever made...who knows.
    Thanks, man.
    #RESIST

the three cameras

Mine get full sunlight for a good part of the day but not 100% of it.

Name:  outdoor camera 1.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  100.2 KBName:  camera 2.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  104.0 KBName:  camera 3.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  102.1 KBName:  camera 4.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  67.7 KB

I’ve had two of the Reolinks (possibly an older version) for two-ish years. I didn’t want cloud storage or to run power to the locations, so decided to experiment with these. They’ve held up to the weather ok (get the rubber covers). I went with battery since I didn’t want solar panels where I mounted them...it’s a PITA changing them every month or so, so I’d go with the panels. Main problem for me is getting them to sync consistently...probably a factor of my brick house with screened plaster walls messing with WiFi. They are slow to come up when they do. Alerts I do get in very near real time, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gater View Post
    ..went with battery since I didn’t want solar panels where I mounted them...
    yes the panels actually just charge the batteries so it will run 24/7, I have been surprised that I have yet to have a battery run down in two years because the charging is always adequate...but without those panels and being able to put them in decent sunlight this system would not work for me...

I too have one of these that is slow or reluctant to connect at times because of the weakness of the wifi signal, distance in my case...I just have to keep trying sometimes until it connects

Good point on the covers, I am pretty sure without the factory rubber raincoats mine would not have survived to this point.

User Tag List