Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holster for 5" S&W 625?

Holster for 5" S&W 625?

5" barreled N frames seem to not get much love from holster makers. Just looking for a range holster, don't need fancy, and I won't be rolling around in the dirt with it. I actually prefer Kydex over leather, but I'll take what I can get, especially if the price is right, i.e. less than $100. Thanks.

Dave

A Simply Rugged Sourdough Pancake will run you $80, although I recommend spending the extra $20 for the IWB straps.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter

Comp-Tac International

Sir - The Comp-Tac International should meet your needs.

When I had my 5" 629 I used a Bianchi 5BHL. Nice holster. Miss that gun.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

I’m often tempted to get a Galco Phoenix for my 5” 629.

Site Supporter

I forgot to include the link

It's ugly but versatile, and it works: https://comp-tac.com/international-h...ster-comp-tac/

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming Shooter View Post
    Sir - The Comp-Tac International should meet your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming Shooter View Post
    It's ugly but versatile, and it works: https://comp-tac.com/international-h...ster-comp-tac/
    Saw that already, one of the first places I checked, I have a couple of those for some pistols and like them. Not so crazy about the revolver versions, but haven't ruled it out yet, so thanks.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    When I had my 5" 629 I used a Bianchi 5BHL. Nice holster. Miss that gun.
    This is available on Amazon at a decent price, but I don't know enough about S&W's to know how similar in size the 625 and 629 are. Will ANY N-frame holster fit any other N-frame with the same length barrel? The 629 is always listed, but the 625 seldom is. I do know the cylinders are different lengths, the 625 in .45 ACP is quite a bit shorter. Thanks.

Dave

Site Supporter

It works for me

I've been using one with the IDPA cut for my 4" 625. It works well. Of course, there's no missing the fact that I'm carrying a "big iron" on my hip.

Quote Originally Posted by daved20319 View Post
    Saw that already, one of the first places I checked, I have a couple of those for some pistols and like them. Not so crazy about the revolver versions, but haven't ruled it out yet, so thanks.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    I’m often tempted to get a Galco Phoenix for my 5” 629.
    I've been satisfied using these cross-draw for hunting deer with 4" and 6" N-frames. Galco makes one for the 5" N-frame, but I've always used the 6" version for those guns. I've tried the 4" version as a strong-side concealment rig but wasn't satisfied with the results. The leather holster body and lining are very thick, plus cowhide is just too flexible compared to Kydex for it to work well. N-frames just don't leave you much margin for error with concealment.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

User Tag List