Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Down to one pistol... PF Enablers Unite (Beretta?)

PX4 the one I will let go last,

Of the options you listed I would go with the Ltt 92 Compact. Though I prefer the Centurion to the compact personally.

If it was my money I would get a G17 or 45 and stick a dot on both it and the G48. I would even be tempted to Fauxland special a G45
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Now in pandemic
    Caught without a PDW
    And just one pistol
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Now in pandemic
    Caught without a PDW
    And just one pistol
    My wife would say I have a problem but pistols aren’t typically where I spend money.

I would love to do ECQC again but due to injury it’s gonna be a while before I could handle that.

Who’s the go to for G48 slide milling?

Also for a dot host what is the general preference between G45 and G17?

Glock 19.5, hands down.

Same trigger, front sights, ammo, grip angle, yuge aftermarket, reliability, simplicity, OEM support.

‘Course the guys here are always telling me I need a full-size 1911 so...

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Glock 19.5, hands down.

Same trigger, front sights, ammo, grip angle, yuge aftermarket, reliability, simplicity, OEM support.

‘Course the guys here are always telling me I need a full-size 1911 so...
    I literally just sold that gun two days ago.

I guess mainly what I’m driving at is how often do we say “I would run X platform but I’m too heavily invested in Z”. I happen to be in the unique position of not being invested at the moment so if I was ever going to pivot to another platform now would be the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ldunnmobile View Post
    I literally just sold that gun two days ago.

I guess mainly what I’m driving at is how often do we say “I would run X platform but I’m too heavily invested in Z”. I happen to be in the unique position of not being invested at the moment so if I was ever going to pivot to another platform now would be the time.
    Gotcha. Didn’t get that from the OP sorry.

Maybe one of these?

Name:  8463528E-C0EE-4269-B314-F7A1A9EE1B07.jpeg
Views: 533
Size:  43.1 KB

Kidding!

Srsly: You mention “shootability”. What are the other criteria for the new blaster?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Now in pandemic
    Caught without a PDW
    And just one pistol
    Kilt in the streetz.

@Idunnmobile, Maple Leaf did a fantastic job for me on a G48 and a G43X. They were also fast a heck with the turn around. Less than one month. I’d check their website. They may be a touch backed up but it’s still probably not as bad as everyone else. Of course others here would also recommend Mark at L&M. I haven’t used him but everyone here who has used him has been very happy with his work. I think @GJM has used him a fair bit along with many others. If anyone would find fleas with someone’s work it would be GJM with his firing schedule. If he’s happy it’s a pretty sure bet.
    Last edited by Mike C; 04-06-2020 at 08:19 AM.

Site Supporter
    No J frame for pocket carry? What is your goal? Self defense? Carry? Pride of ownership? For the price of a Langdon carry bevel 92 you are close to the new hotness - An STI. I believe in the system approach. Similar guns for different purposes. Glock for pistols and S&W for revolvers are hard to argue with. I understand the desire to try something new but buying multiple guns, holsters and magazines gets expensive fast. I sold off most of my HK DAs last year since I bought a Langdon tuned PX4 compact and a tuned 92 LTT. But I often carry my Glock 48 just because it’s so thin for IWB. But prior to this virus making me spend money I was planning on buying a Glock 19 MOS and a Glock 45 MOS blue label.

Quote Originally Posted by ldunnmobile View Post
    My wife would say I have a problem but pistols aren’t typically where I spend money.

I would love to do ECQC again but due to injury it’s gonna be a while before I could handle that.

Who’s the go to for G48 slide milling?

Also for a dot host what is the general preference between G45 and G17?
    There are also non-shooting classes worth taking. For example, some of William Aprill puts out, medical training, or driving classes are informative, useful and in some cases fairly engaging or fun.

User Tag List