Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Down to one pistol... PF Enablers Unite (Beretta?)

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Years ago on another forum, SouthNarc posted his essential battery. It was a Kimber commander sized 1911, a J-frame, and a Seecamo .32. While I understand that he is now carrying different guns, the general concept remains valid: a full size gun; a dedicated concealed carry sized gun that is as small and light as possible without going below generally accepted minimum stopping power, firepower, and accuracy requirements; and a true pocket pistol for those times when something truly tiny is needed. Perhaps this is worth considering when deciding what to add to the one gun already owned.

Love that. G19, G43, LCP would cover the bases for sure in my world.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Love that. G19, G43, LCP would cover the bases for sure in my world.
    My choices are similar: G19, either G26 or Sig P365, and Kel-Tec P3AT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I’m learning more about myself as I read this thread. When Dagga Boy posts about a new revolver purchase you can feel the passion he has for nice revolvers oozing out of the screen. I have NEVER felt that way about any platform of handguns I’ve owned. I’ve owned my fair share of Glocks, especially 19s. My problem is I have zero emotional attachment toward pistols. I’ve never regretted selling one.... easy come easy go. So I guess I’m looking for that and that’s why I’m a revolving door of pistol ownership.

I WANT to settle down and quit selling guns. Just haven’t had the willpower or desire to do that yet.

I’m larger than the average bear, so P-09, PX4C, j-frame.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by ldunnmobile View Post
    Over the last 6 months I’ve gradually been selling off pistols and for the first time in my adult life I’m down to ONE gun...G48. I dearly love the G48. It’s not going anywhere. I’ve just sold everything else off because I was meh about them. So I’m looking to add a new blaster.

Criteria: Larger pistol for “shootability” but still small enough I can conceal if the mood strikes me. G17 size is really my limit. Budget: I’d like to stay south of $2000.
    For me, I would pick the Berettas, but I like DA autos and am not a Glock fan. That said, and something I rarely say, you should get a Glock. Or as suggested above,at least a similar striker-fired gun (I am partial to the M&P 2.0 over a Glock or P320 as far as that type of gun goes).

There is a lot to be said for using one "type" of gun so I would advocate something that has the same operational characteristics (short travel trigger around 6 lbs, no safeties or decockers).

Site Supporter
    I’m learning more about myself as I read this thread. When Dagga Boy posts about a new revolver purchase you can feel the passion he has for nice revolvers oozing out of the screen. I have NEVER felt that way about any platform of handguns I’ve owned. I’ve owned my fair share of Glocks, especially 19s. My problem is I have zero emotional attachment toward pistols. I’ve never regretted selling one.... easy come easy go. So I guess I’m looking for that and that’s why I’m a revolving door of pistol ownership.

I WANT to settle down and quit selling guns. Just haven’t had the willpower or desire to do that yet.
    It’s mentally healthy to not be emotionally attached to a physical object. If you see them as tools, appliances, commodities, then get the tools you need and don’t worry about the rest of it. It isn’t required that you engage these things the same way anyone else does.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    It’s mentally healthy to not be emotionally attached to a physical object. If you see them as tools, appliances, commodities, then get the tools you need and don’t worry about the rest of it. It isn’t required that you engage these things the same way anyone else does.
    Even as someone who does emotionally attach to some degree (I think they're fun and I enjoy having them around) they're still tools at the end of the day. Any time I read a post where someone is like "I could never get a Wilson or other fancy gun, what if I had to drop it in training or my sweat smudged the finish carrying?!" and it just battles me that anyone would be concerned with things that petty if a tool was the best tool for the job.

I think one of the most beautiful sights is a really high end gun that has clearly been a little dinged up over years of range time.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    I'll always have a desire to own virtually every decent gun ever made and at some point it seems that I have , but in the past year or so I've kind of taken the approach you describe and have minimalized down to 3 pistols. 2 G17.5 w/DDPs for competition/training and a G45 I carry daily with Holosun.

The main thing I've learned is that the Gen 5 Glocks do essentially everything I need in a gun. Very accurate, very reliable, trigger that is more than adequate, etc. I know that if I want to lower my splits, I should train more. If I want to do better in a match? Train more. Improve my accuracy? Train more. Viewing my guns as tools make it all about dry fire/shooting/training vs. Spending a bunch of cash on the next new hotness as a way to lower my splits by .02 or improve my match placement by 1 spot.

Site Supporter

I felt that way until I bought myself a Dan Wesson Valor as a divorce present to myself. It went back to the mothership and got practically every box ticked on the custom shop list. I use the snot out of it, and will no longer carry it. The emotional attachment is what did it - I really don't care about any other gun except my 10/22 (first one I bought, ever).
    Last edited by jeep45238; 04-07-2020 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    I felt that way until I bought myself a Dan Wesson Valor as a divorce present to myself. It went back to the mothership and got practically every box ticked on the custom shop list. I use the snot out of it, and will no longer own it. The emotional attachment is what did it - I really don't care about any other gun except my 10/22 (first one I bought, ever).
    Huh? I’m confused by this statement “I use the snot out of it, and will no longer own it.”

User Tag List