Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Down to one pistol... PF Enablers Unite (Beretta?)

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    A slick G48 and a Red Dot G48 is the move.

Alternatively-The Staccato is quick slick and can be had at your price point w a sharp pencil. I think it better than the Wilson offerings at 500-1000 more based on the 300-400 rounds I have downrange on them.

Finally, I am intrigued by the DWX but have not shot it nor do I know anybody who has.
    Funny you mention the DWX. I considered picking one up a done deal but now with delays we might not see one till Christmas.

I think I need to just make time for USPSA. I’ve always wanted to but making time for it isn’t always easy with my schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by ldunnmobile View Post
    I think I need to just make time for USPSA. I’ve always wanted to but making time for it isn’t always easy with my schedule.
    Get into any of them. USPSA is arguably the best of the bunch, but I wouldn’t pass up a IDPA or Steel Challenge matches either.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Red dot G48. Due to work I am back on sort of the single stack Glock thing. Much prefer my Berettas, but....I really like the G48 for an easy to carry soulless disposable bullet launcher. Biggest benefit for me is ten rounds and/or really flat for work.
    I hear you. I love my 92 Compact, but a 48 with the same capacity, shoots just as well for me, makes the extra weight and bulk of the 92 harder to justify.

I don’t understand.

You’re down to one pistol that you love but you want to buy another expensive pistol, that you may not love, knowing full well that the “smart” thing to do is just buy two more of the gun you love for half the price of the gun you think you want and knowing that you’ll likely just wind up buying two more of that gun anyway, while dismissing just buying a larger sibling of the gun you love?

If I were you I’d go down to the local gun shop and buy whichever one feels best in your hand.

Somebody refresh my memory, is the G48 the “single-stack Glock 19”?

Down to one pistol... PF Enablers Unite (Beretta?)

Yes basically. Same length grip but only 1mm wider than the G43. 10rd. No rail. Slide is a little longer than the 19.
    Rich

Director of R&D and product acquisitions at Empire Outfitters

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I don’t understand.

You’re down to one pistol that you love but you want to buy another expensive pistol, that you may not love, knowing full well that the “smart” thing to do is just buy two more of the gun you love for half the price of the gun you think you want and knowing that you’ll likely just wind up buying two more of that gun anyway, while dismissing just buying a larger sibling of the gun you love?

If I were you I’d go down to the local gun shop and buy whichever one feels best in your hand.

Somebody refresh my memory, is the G48 the “single-stack Glock 19”?
    That’s mostly spot on. I’ve had the larger siblings of various shapes and sizes. The only one I really enjoyed and could get substantial performance gains was the G34.5. On a timer I can shoot a G48 as well as a 19.

Site Supporter
    Full size CZ 75 series, J frame, and another Glock 48.

Reevaluate practice of selling most handguns and then deciding on replacements. Reflecting later, you might regret that you lost some of these.

Site Supporter
    Years ago on another forum, SouthNarc posted his essential battery. It was a Kimber commander sized 1911, a J-frame, and a Seecamo .32. While I understand that he is now carrying different guns, the general concept remains valid: a full size gun; a dedicated concealed carry sized gun that is as small and light as possible without going below generally accepted minimum stopping power, firepower, and accuracy requirements; and a true pocket pistol for those times when something truly tiny is needed. Perhaps this is worth considering when deciding what to add to the one gun already owned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Full size CZ 75 series, J frame, and another Glock 48.

Reevaluate practice of selling most handguns and then deciding on replacements. Reflecting later, you might regret that you lost some of these.
    There is truth to this. When I sold off half my collection to pay my student loan - which I do not regret, it was the right choice - I did find that while I didn't miss some, others I missed a lot, and 2-3 I ended up re-purchasing later. So now my habit is to build my collection slower and much more selectively, with the thought of keeping permanently. For example, i bought a G19.5 this year and it's likely to be the only gun I buy this year, but I didn't half ass it, I got the nice front serration model with no half-moon cut on the grip and the Ameriglo Bold sights and a nice $100 leather holster from Don Hume, and overall I enjoy buying guns this way a lot more than snapping up piles of everything on sale.

Buy slower, but buy for keeps. That's my new thing. It works for me. Your mileage may vary.

I think the 75 is a fun choice too, my one CZ is a 75B Omega with the decocker installed and it's a very nice pistol, I enjoy it. Haven't shot it enough to trust it for serious stuff but 1.) all my serious stuff is handled by Glocks and M2.0s these days, exclusively and 2.) it's fun!
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ldunnmobile View Post
    That’s mostly spot on. I’ve had the larger siblings of various shapes and sizes. The only one I really enjoyed and could get substantial performance gains was the G34.5. On a timer I can shoot a G48 as well as a 19.
    So grab another G48 and a 34.5, maybe MOS, and enjoy the simple life.

User Tag List