Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Safariland 637 - new pancake ALS rig

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Luger View Post
    The Safariland SL637 is our duty holster for concealed carry. Quality seems to be good (but I`m not an expert in holsters), but concealment of my VP9 is poor. I liked the old Bianchi 82 carry lok for the P7 better.

Cop-Shop is a supplier for law enforcement officers and agencies over here. As far as I can judge, the products I ordered over the years where ok. But some are pretty expensive.
    Do you think it would conceal a thin pistol well? How comfortable is it?

Thank you for responding. This holster is a product I’ve long been excited about, but if it doesn’t conceal well, or is not comfortable, then I will pass.

I'm curbing my enthusiasm on this, because, while awesome, the ALS mechanism is VERY bulky. Yes, they might mount it on a "slim" piece of leather, the mechanism itself is still very wide. Not sure how well this is going to conceal, but, I'll be happy to be proven wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Today I found a listing on a German website that shows this new holster with a 6006 installed, this makes me happy:
    [...]
    http://www.cop-shop.de/en/product/sa...ther-look-7251

If anyone sees these go up for ordering, could they please send up a flare? I hope to hell they do a Gen5 19/45 and a Gen5 26 right away.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Maybe @P30 or @Luger knows about this website.
    Yes, I know this website. I've ordered a holster and belt for IPSC there some years ago and some more stuff (ordered to my home address in Germany). Good experience. What's the question?

If you want to know, if they have it in stock, just shoot an e-mail to bestellung@cop-gmbh.de. I don't know and don't find this info on the website. E-mail in English should work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Luger View Post
    Cop-Shop is a supplier for law enforcement officers and agencies over here.
    Most items are delivered to civilians, too, for example holsters.
    Last edited by P30; 04-07-2020 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Do you think it would conceal a thin pistol well?
    I can just guess. The Holster itself is about 50mm wide, while my VP9 is 33mm wide. The old Bianchi holster was 34mm wide and the P7 29mm. (1 inch is 25,4mm.)
    So I think it`s more about the holster than the pistol itself and a P7 in the Safariland Holster would not conceal verry well, too.

When I used the holster for the first time, it felt uncomfortable at my hip. I then switched to a wider belt which made things a lot better, but it still took several shifts untill I got used to it. Now it`s ok for me. But maybe people of other size than me (I`m a quite average man 183cm/6 feet high at a weight of about 80kg/180lbs) will feel different about this.
    Last edited by Luger; 04-07-2020 at 11:10 AM.
    If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I'm curbing my enthusiasm on this, because, while awesome, the ALS mechanism is VERY bulky. Yes, they might mount it on a "slim" piece of leather, the mechanism itself is still very wide. Not sure how well this is going to conceal, but, I'll be happy to be proven wrong...
    But, compared to trying to “conceal” a 637x or 737x...
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    While I'm enthusiastic about this holster, I fear that it is going to be far too high-riding to be useful for me. YMMV.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    While I'm enthusiastic about this holster, I fear that it is going to be far too high-riding to be useful for me. YMMV.
    I'm fairly short-waisted, got a 537 for a G19, and found that it was an awkward draw. It's a combination of the high ride and that I had to wear it around 4:00.

I'm not blaming the holster -- as with any holster, body size and shape make a huge difference in fit and comfort.

Is this straight drop or cant?

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    Is this straight drop or cant?
    Looks like a pretty vanilla cant to me.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

I just emailed Safariland to ask if they are still on track for an April release, and also what the initial fits will be.
    Ken

User Tag List