Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Safariland 637 - new pancake ALS rig

Safariland 637 - new pancake ALS rig

I have used 637x and 737x ALS holsters on high ride belt loops for years, but they aren’t particularly concealable. Each has a 6006 ALS guard installed for added security. They are bulky enough that I’ve had to use the “that’s my insulin pump” line a few times. I usually don’t give a shit because I use them when I’m at my bud’s house down in the ‘hood.

A few months ago Safariland announced the 637, what they are calling a pancake ALS holster:

https://www.safariland.com/products/...model_637.html

I’m still not seeing any fits listed, the Safariland website shows April availability but who knows at this point.

Today I found a listing on a German website that shows this new holster with a 6006 installed, this makes me happy:

https://www.cop-shop.de/en/product/s...ther-look-7251

If anyone sees these go up for ordering, could they please send up a flare? I hope to hell they do a Gen5 19/45 and a Gen5 26 right away.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Very interested as well. I use the GLS with 1.5” belt loop every day (plainclothes). I would really like one of these, as I prefer OWB when at work, but this will possibly be a bit more concealable.

I could use one of those myself.

Looking at the pics, I think it’s built like a turducken - an ALS holster molded into a leather pancake.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

This looks very interesting!
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Oh please take my money...

As a long time user of the 6378 series and 7TS, they cannot hit the shelves fast enough.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    The 537 seems to be largely special order only now (no stock at retailers for common pistols). Guessing they see the 637 as a replacement for most use cases.

I’m intrigued. I don’t know much about the ALS system, will an ALS holster for a Glock 17 or 19 work with a 26?

User Tag List